We collect the following types of information from our users:
Information You Provide to Us:
We collect personal information that you choose to provide to us when you interact with our Sites, including the following:
- Identifiers, contact, or registration information, including name and email address, username and password, such as if you create an account, sign up for our newsletter, send us an email, take a survey, or provide us with feedback.
- Customer service information such as questions and other messages you address to us directly through online forms, by email, over the phone, or by post.
Social media or third-party service (Third-Party Service) information if you creating a user account with us or signing in using a Third-Party Service login. We may also receive other information about you (including contact information, photos, location, user generated content, demographic information, city, friends) if you link your Third-Party Service account (such as a social media account) or access the Site through the Third-Party Service. Any information we receive from the Third-Party Service will be governed by the terms and conditions of the Third-Party Service and by the privacy controls you have set on your account. The Third-Party Service may also have access to information you provide to us or activities that you carry out on our Sites while logged into your account with that Third-Party Service, and this access will be governed by the terms and conditions of the Third-Party Service and by the privacy controls you have set.
Information We Automatically Collect:
- Device information and identifiers such as IP address; browser type and language; operating system; platform type; device type; software and hardware attributes; and unique device, advertising, and app identifiers.
- Internet network and device activity data such as information about files you download, domain names, landing pages, browsing activity, content or ads viewed and clicked, dates and times of access, pages viewed, forms you complete or partially complete, search terms, uploads or downloads, the URL that referred you to our Site, the web sites you visit after this web site; and other web usage activity and data logged by our web servers, whether you open an email and your interaction with email content, access times, error logs, and other similar information. See "Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies" below for more information about how we collect and use this information.
- Location information such as city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address and where you authorize access in your mobile device settings, we may also obtain precise geolocation information from your device.
Information We Collect from Third Parties:
We may obtain demographic and interest data from third-party companies who specialize in collecting such consumer information. We use this data and combine it with other information we have about you to help us predict your preferences, to better direct the marketing efforts of us and our business partners, to improve our product development, and to help us better analyze user information for internal business purposes.
How Do We Use Information We Collect?
We use information we collect to:
- Provide you with access to the Sites and with other services and features
- Maintain and improve Site operations and service and content offerings hosted on the Site
- Personalize and optimize the content shown to you when you visit the Sites, including:
- Delivering advertising content shown on the Sites and managing the type of advertising content you see and the frequency with which you see it; and
- Assessing and tracking effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and the campaigns of our business partners
- Administer advertising, marketing, and promotional campaigns (run by us or by our business partners) for which you sign up or otherwise consent to participate in, such as sweepstakes, surveys, and special offers or announcements offered by us or by our business partners.
- Respond to user feedback and other user inquiries, such as employment applications or informational inquiries
- Internal uses such as market and content offering analysis
- Conduct security, fraud, and legal compliance activities, including by detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity for example to:
- Monitor prevent, and detect fraud, such as through verifying your identity
- Combat spam or other malware or security risks
- Monitor, enforce, and improve the security of our Sites
- Comply with any applicable procedures, laws, and regulations, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation, if in our good faith opinion such is required or permitted by law; and/or
- Enforce this Privacy
How Will We Share the Information We Receive?
We share your information as follows:
- Third-Party Campaigns. We may carry out advertising, marketing, or promotional campaigns with third party companies that invite you to participate in the campaign. The campaigns may involve third-party goods or services. You may participate in such a campaign via our Sites or on a different website that is linked to/from our Sites. If you participate in the campaign, we may share your personal information with these third-party companies.
- Service Providers. We use service providers to provide certain products, services, and Site features on our behalf (such as sending emails) and need to share your information with them to provide those products, services, or features to you. We require that our service providers maintain the confidentiality of your personal information (as appropriate for the service) and not use it for any reason except to carry out the functions that we task them to carry out.
- Third Parties Providing Ad Services: In addition to ads and content that we serve you directly, we use third-party advertising companies and marketing services companies to serve ads and other content when you visit our Sites. Both we and these companies may collect and use information about your visits to our Sites and your use of our applications to serve ads and other content to you. We and they may target advertising towards you by tailoring advertising to interests that we or they infer from your interactions on our Sites.
- Third Parties Involved in Protecting Us and Others. We may disclose your personal information when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is necessary to: comply with a law, regulation, legal or regulatory process (including investigations), subpoena, warrant, or other legal order; or protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
- We may share or disclose your aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified data with our service providers and business partners or third parties for any purpose including business and marketing uses and the development of business and marketing reports and strategy. These service providers and business partners may also share with us aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information about you so that we can develop business and marketing reports and strategy for them.
Online Tracking & Advertising
In addition, we may use:
- GIFs. When you visit our Sites, we may collect data using clear GIFs (also known as web beacons or pixel tags) and similar technologies. We may also use clear GIFs in our communications with you (such as emails) to track information such as whether you have received and opened our communication. A clear GIF is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it can be a visible image as well), located on a web page or in an email or other type of message, which is retrieved from a remote site on the Internet, enabling the verification of an individual's viewing or receipt of a web page or message. A clear GIF may enable us to relate your viewing or receipt of a web page or message to other information about you, including your personal information.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads and other content when you visit our Sites. Both we and these companies may collect and use information about your visits to our Sites and your use of our applications to serve ads and other content to you.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having your information used in this manner by third-party advertising companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, or https://youradchoices.com/appchoices for mobile device advertising. The collection of information via certain ads served to users in Canada may be managed by visiting http://youradchoices.ca/choices/, and via certain ads served to users in Europe may be managed at http://youronlinechoices.com/.
Is Information About Me Secure?
We use industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information.
The Sites are not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for Site features.
What Choices Do I Have?
The local laws where you live (e.g., laws of the E.U. and California) may permit you to make certain requests. See the section applicable to the place of your residency below.
- Account Information: If you have provided personal information as part of setting up an account and login for the Sites, you can change or access your personal information via your account settings. You can also use many of the features of the Site without registering or signing into a user account.
- Third-Party Services (Including Social Media) If you have provided personal information as part of using your social networking account with a Third-Party Service, you must change or access your personal information via that account with that Third-Party Service. You will not be able to access or change such personal information via our Sites.
- Information You Provided to Third Parties: If you have provided personal information directly to third-party companies with whom we conduct business, you should also consult the privacy policies of these third-party companies for how your personal information may be used and how you may restrict its use or opt out of receiving communications from these third-party companies.
- Location: If you are accessing our Sites via a mobile device and do not want us to collect your location information, you can go to your device's settings and opt out of providing your location information to us.
Please note that some of the opt-outs described above use browser cookies or device controls and are specific to the browser or device you are using to access our Sites. If you buy a new device, change browsers, or delete browser cookies, these actions can change your previous opt-out settings and you may need to opt out again. In addition, disabling all cookies may prevent you from using certain features on our Sites that require cookies to function.
Links to Other Websites and Services
California Information and Privacy Rights.
The following information applies to California residents regarding "personal information" (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)). This information and the rights discussed below do not apply to information collected from or about our employees, former employees, candidates, contractors, service providers, or business contacts.
Additional Information for California Residents
Throughout this Policy, we discuss in detail the specific types of information we collect from you and other users and discuss how we and share such information. The CCPA requires us to provide additional information about this collection, use, and disclosure.
- We may collect, use, and disclose for our business and commercial purposes, the following categories of information about you or your use of the Services: Identifiers (such as name, address, email address; device information and identifiers (such as IP address); internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history or app usage); location data; inference data; and other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you.
California Privacy Rights
California residents can make certain requests about their personal information under the CCPA. Specifically, beginning January 1, 2020, if you are a California resident, you may request that we:
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you;
- Delete certain information we have about you;
- Opt out of the sale of personal information; and/or
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. For example, we may retain certain information for legal compliance and to secure our Site. We may need certain information in order to provide the Site to you; if you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to use the Site.
The CCPA further provides you with the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Sale of personal information.
California law broadly defines "sale" in a way that may include the delivery of targeted advertising on the Site or other sites, including allowing third parties to receive certain information, such as cookies, IP address and/or browsing behavior. We may share the following categories of information for such advertising which may be considered a sale (as defined by California law):
- Device information and identifiers, such as IP address, and unique advertising identifiers and cookies; usage information, such as browsing history or app usage; location information, such as city; and inference data.
Shine the Light Disclosure.
Information for Certain Users Outside the United States
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us will be transferred to and processed in the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personally Identifiable Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By using our Sites, you consent to this transfer and processing. You also consent to the adjudication of any disputes arising in connection with our Sites in the federal and state courts of, and in accordance with the laws of, the state of New York.
If you are a visitor or user from the European Economic Area, we will only collect and use your personal data (as defined under Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR)) when we have a legal basis for doing so.
The legal basis on which we rely will depend on the type of personal data we collect and the specific context in which we are collecting it.
We collect information from you:
- Where the processing is in our legitimate interests (provided that these aren't overridden by your interests or rights) (such as personalizing our services and marketing for example),
- For legal compliance purposes, or
- If we otherwise have your consent.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the "Contact Us" section below.
Your local laws may permit you to request that we:
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we have about you;
- Prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes;
- Update information which is out of date or incorrect;
- Delete certain information which we have about you;
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information;
- Transfer your information to a third-party provider of services; and
- Revoke your consent for the processing of your information.
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
We generally retain information for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes for which we collected it and in compliance with applicable law. To dispose of any personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for an additional period of time.