15 Songs for Boss Women on the Grind
    • FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2017

• Posted by: Annie Brinich

Women work hard. Whether it's your job or your schoolwork that's keeping you up late working, you need the support of the women in the music industry who work as hard as you do. So, for your listening pleasure, here are fifteen songs about being a woman on the grind.

1. Cardi B - "Bodak Yellow"

The Mood: Work Hard, Play Hard

The Lyrics: "Dropped two mixtapes in six months / What bitch working as hard as me?"

2. Lizzo and Caroline Smith - "Let ‘Em Say"

The Mood: Fuck the Haters

The Lyrics: "Trying to work like a boss but / They keep shaking my patience / Don't wanna think like a man / Or look like a model / I wanna look like my momma / Five foot two and a natural woman."

3. M.I.A. - "Bad Girls"

The Lyrics: "Take it, take it / World's bouncing like a trampoline / When I get to where I'm going, gonna have you trembling."

4. Bomba Estereo - "Soy Yo"

The Lyrics: "Me caí, me paré, caminé, me subí / Me fui contra la corriente y también me perdí / Fracasé, me encontré, lo viví y aprendí." (I fell, I stopped, I walked, I got up. I went against the current and I got lost. I failed, I found, I lived through it and I learned.)

5. Ke$ha - "Woman"

The Lyrics: "I buy my own things, I pay my own bills / These diamond rings, my automobiles / Everything I got, I bought it / Boys can't buy my love, buy my love, yeah."

6. TT the Artist - "Real Bitch Problems"

The Mood: I Get Shit Done

The Lyrics: "Real bitch been down since college / Before your Guccis and your Pradas / So kiss my ass from top to bottom / I don't need you or the mileage."

7. A Giant Dog - "I'll Come Crashing"

The Lyrics: "Mama always told me I should have sense of pride / Daddy always told me how to be a straight up guy / Always tell the truth and never have a thing to hide / But I'm gonna shoot the moon and watch it fall from the sky."

8. Nicki Minaj - "No Frauds"

The Lyrics: "I took the price, yeah, and lift that bitch up / I took the ice, let me lift my wrist up."

9. Pink - "Just Like Fire"

The Lyrics: "Just like fire, burning out the way / If I can light the world up for just one day."

10. Santigold - "Can't Get Enough of Myself"

The Mood: Proud of Myself

The Lyrics: "All I wanna do is what I do well / Ain't a gambler but honey I'd put money on myself."

11. Beyonce - "Formation"

The Mood: Proud of Myself / I Get Shit Done / Work Hard, Play Hard / Fuck the Haters

The Lyrics: "Sometimes I go off, I go hard / Get what's mine, I'm a star / Cause I slay."

12. The Mynabirds - "Generals"

The Lyrics: "Calling all my generals / My daughters / My revolutionists / We got strength in numbers / And they're goin' to pay for it."

13. The Dixie Chicks - "The Long Way Around"

The Lyrics: "I met the queen of whatever / Drank with the Irish, and smoked with the hippies / Moved with the shakers / Wouldn't kiss all the asses that they told me to"

14. Beyonce & Nicki Minaj - "Flawless Remix"

The Lyrics: "I'm the shit, I'm the shit, I'm the shit / I want everyone to feel like this tonight"

15. Nina Simone - "Feeling Good"

The Lyrics: "It's a new dawn / It's a new day / It's a new life / For me / I'm feeling good."

Hot Baeble Videos
    Live It Up

Live It Up

Mansionair live at Baeble HQ

Mansionair live at Baeble HQ

Change

Change

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Hasta Luego

Hasta Luego

Passion Pit live at Central Park

Passion Pit live at Central Park

WHY

WHY

ARIZONA live at Industry City

ARIZONA live at Industry City

Max Frost live at Baeble HQ

Max Frost live at Baeble HQ

MotorSport ft. Nicki Minaj and Cardi B

MotorSport ft. Nicki Minaj and Cardi B

© 2018 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.