10 Music Videos That Show How Powerful Dance Is
    • TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2016

• Posted by: Kirsten Spruch

Dance is a beautiful way to express your feelings. Some people are blessed with the gift to move their bodies in unheard of ways... I, unfortunately, have not been blessed. I've always wished I could dance but when the music comes on, I freeze. I'm never sure about what to do with my limbs. Do I flail them around aimlessly? Do I try tap dancing even though I'm not wearing tap shoes? Jazz hands??? Well back to the point... Dance is most certainly a beautiful art form and even though I can't do it myself, I love watching others do it. What makes me even happier is when dancers and musicians collaborate to make a video together to use dance to enhance the music or vice versa. There are tons of music videos out there with choreography. Much, much, much more than 10, but we've decided to narrow it down to current videos that were just released in the last couple of years. And we're talking about melancholy type of dancing. You know... Something emotional that makes you cry or something dark that makes you cringe. So don't get pissed off when you don't see Michael Jackson's "Thriller" on this list (spoiler).

1. July Talk - "Beck + Call" ft. Tanya Tagaq

July Talk's leads, Leah Fay and Peter Dreimanis, are so captivating in their latest video which was released yesterday. They contort their bodies in unimaginable ways and intensely go back and forth with each other to represent an unstable relationship... It almost makes us feel like they're in a boxing ring. The video was made with director, Jared Raab, along with theatre creators Norah Sadava and Amy Nostbakken, who co-founded Toronto's multi-disciplinary performance company Quote Unquote Collective.

2. Tender - "Violence"

This new video from London-based duo Tender was just released today and honestly, it creeps me the f*ck out. Directed by Jack A. Bowden, it shows two dancers in an abandoned warehouse with flickering neon lights and we get the vibe that they're going (or have gone) insane. It's so hypnotic, you'll never be able to look away.

3. Years & Years - "Worship"

This choreography will definitely make you feel more creeped out than anything else. It features Olly Alexander in a parking garage at night dancing super sensually, opening his mouth into other dancers' mouths (I'm sorry, I don't know if there's a proper dance term for that), and caressing cars while sitting on them. We strangely like it, tho.

4. Nick Jonas - "Close" ft. Tove Lo

The video starts out with the two sliding back and forth in their chairs - afraid to get, literally, close. But towards the end of the video, something amazing happens. Nick Jonas and Tove Lo break out of their chance with incredible choreographed movements. They slide all over the floor and roll around in some sort of dirt substance, conveying a lot of tension.

5. P!nk - "Try"

This is one of the choreographed dances that I will remember forever. Like shit, P!nk is actually a really good dancer? In addition to singing and acrobatics and being a mom? What can't she do? She's a total bad ass who can effortlessly pull off back flips while getting colorful powder all over herself.

6. Beyonce - "Sorry"

I can't hear someone say "Boy bye" without thinking of Beyonce and her crew dancing in a bus in black and white. Seriously, this one's an instant classic.

7. The Lumineers - "Ophelia"

This choreography is a little less intense, but it doesn't lose any of the emotion. The Lumineers' little ode to Singin' In The Rain packs a nostalgic and powerful punch.

8. Sia - "The Greatest"

If there's any artist who likes to express herself through dance, it's Sia. Although she's not actually dancing herself, she has Dance Moms teen Maddie Ziegler star in all of her videos, including her latest one for "The Greatest," which is a little bit darker than the others. This time, she has Ziegler star in it, along with a bunch of other "followers." Dancing and acting also dominates her live show, where she actually has different actors and dancers come out for each song and do a little skit. It's extremely powerful.

9. FKA Twigs - "Good To Love"

The other queen of dance - FKA Twigs. Here in one of her latest videos, we see a more intimate glance at FKA, where she tangles herself in white bed sheets and features several close ups of her face. It's beautiful as she sings about her fear of being vulnerable.

10. Banks - "Fuck With Myself"

This one is definitely creepy... But hey, you know what they say, art is supposed to make you uncomfortable (or something like that). Banks takes on her inner FKA and distorts her body and sings to her own head.
    Hot Baeble Videos
    Sofi Tukker live at Baeble HQ

Sofi Tukker live at Baeble HQ

Robert Randolph and the Family Band  live at Baeble HQ

Robert Randolph and the Family Band live at Baeble HQ

ROZES live at Baeble HQ

ROZES live at Baeble HQ

Circa Survive  live at Baeble HQ

Circa Survive live at Baeble HQ

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Romes live at Baeble HQ

Romes live at Baeble HQ

Overcoats live at Industry City

Overcoats live at Industry City

The Aces live at Baeble HQ

The Aces live at Baeble HQ

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

Olafur Arnalds live at The Launch Pad

Olafur Arnalds live at The Launch Pad

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.