10 Fantastic Covers by Tegan and Sara
    • TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2017

• Posted by: Ally Farrell

It's everyone's favorite twins birthday! That's right, Tegan and Sara are 37 today. They recently announced that they would be releasing an album of covers in honor of the ten year anniversary of their album, The Con, called The Con X. The first of the tracks was released today, and it's Chvrches' take on "Call It Off." We decided to honor Tegan and Sara, and The Con, in a different way, with the 10 best covers by Tegan and Sara.

1. Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen

Tegan and Sara took this upbeat rock song and turned it into a cool acoustic number, as they do.

2. Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper

The twins put their acoustic spin on this classic song by the Girl Who Just Wants to Have Fun, making a song that's so frequently covered entirely their own.

3. Suffer - Bad Religion

This cover sounds world's apart from the original punk track, but no complaints here. This acoustic ballad of Suffer pays tribute to Tegan and Sara's heavier musical roots.

4. Umbrella - Rihanna

A bit unexpected for the girls, this live take on Bad Gal RiRi's hit shows that Tegan and Sara sound amazing on literally everything they do.

5. I Don't Want to Be - Gavin DeGraw

Tegan and Sara covered this song to be featured in One Tree Hill, and it's honestly a crime that a full version wasn't released as the bit we did get to hear is fantastic.

6. Turnpike Ghost - Steel Train

Woah, this one is dancey as hell. Yes, please.

7. Fool To Cry - The Rolling Stones

Another classic rock cover flawlessly turned into an acoustic number. Is there any song these two can't sound fantastic on? Also, they covered it for the TV show Girls, if you're into that kinda thing.

8. Man With Two Brains - The Rentals

Tegan and Sara covered this song by tragically under-appreciated rock band The Rentals (fronted by one time Weezer bassist Matt Sharp) for a Rentals tribute album called Friends of P - Tribute to The Rentals, which also featured Tokyo Police Club and Copeland.

9. Rebel Rebel - David Bowie

Another classic rock song covered by Tegan and Sara but this time, it's not acoustic and it's a total throwback to baby T&S, and 2000s era YouTube videos of hastily made slideshows.

10. I Ran (So Far) - A Flock of Seagulls

This one is an absolute gem. You can hear the entire process of the two getting talked into covering the song live back in 2009, or you could just skip to 3:38 to hear the cover, but I recommend listening to the entire thing as there is some great banter between the girls and their fans.

The Con X will be out on October 22nd, and you'll be able to hear some great renditions of Tegan and Sara by artists including: Bleachers, Hayley Williams from Paramore, Sara Bareilles, and of course CHVRVHES.
    Hot Baeble Videos
    exclusive interview

exclusive interview

TT live at Baeble HQ

TT live at Baeble HQ

The New Black

The New Black

Movement

Movement

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

Close To Me ft Diplo and Swae Lee

Close To Me ft Diplo and Swae Lee

God's Plan

God's Plan

Wake Up The Sun

Wake Up The Sun

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

SHAED live at Baeble HQ

SHAED live at Baeble HQ

© 2018 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.