8 Remixes That Are Arguably Better Than Their Original Versions
    • MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2017

• Posted by: Dezi Savini

In honor of Lorde's revamped version of "Homemade Dynamite" with Khalid, Post Malone, and SZA, here are some other made over tracks that give their originals a run for their money.

1. "Deadcrush (Ben De Vrie Remix)" - alt-J

If you're looking for a slightly bouncier version of a dark and gritty song, this mix plays with the overall vibe of the original RELAXER track to lighten it up without erasing any of its sex appeal.

2. "The Ghosts of Beverly Drive (Tycho Remix)" - Death Cab for Cutie

I will listen to anything and everything Tycho touches. Forget meditation apps and yoga classes. Tycho is what truly soothes me. Mix that magic with Ben Gibbard's calming vocals and you've got the sonic version of chamomile tea.

3. "Inside Out (Tycho Remix)" - Spoon

Well, would ya look at that? Another Tycho remix. I told you. There's something about mixing Tycho with alt-punk that just works. Here, Tycho speeds up the Spoon original for a breezier take on Britt Daniel's dreamy battle cry against ‘holy rollers.'

4. "Bad Decisions (DEVO Remix)" - Two Door Cinema Club

DEVO fills in the rare gaps on the Two Door Cinema Club track that gives the song even more build and feeling.

5. "You're the Best Thing About Me" - U2 Vs. Kygo

This new release from the 80s rock powerhouse shows that U2 can adapt to a modernized sound and refrain from automatically downloading it onto all our iTunes accounts. This collab with Kygo proves the Irish philanthropists have staying power, and it helps me understand why my mother named all of her pets after Bono.

6. "Ain't That a Kick in the Head (RJD2 Remix)" - Dean Martin

I put Dean Martin's discography on shuffle to set the mood for pasta night a few weeks ago. This remix came on and changed my life. Now I can rock that Rat Pack aesthetic with my club shoes.

7. "Midnight City (Eric Prydz Private Remix)" - M83

This version starts off with a slow and quiet, letting the classic M83 beat build before playing with the tempo. The next few minutes slow it back down and speed it back up before fading it out again. It is an experience for the ears.

8. "Feel It Still (Flatbush Zombies Remix)" - Portugal. The Man

It was super hard for me to pick a favorite out of the five official remixes Portugal. The Man released over the summer because any reiteration of "Feel It Still" makes me feel many things, happiness being the dominate feature. Still, the Flatbush Zombie remix proves to be the most original, with Meechy Darko and The Architect contributing a new verse and hook. Can you feel it now, Portugal. The Man?

Hot Baeble Videos
    Sofi Tukker live at Baeble HQ

Sofi Tukker live at Baeble HQ

Driving Me ft. Jazze Pha

Driving Me ft. Jazze Pha

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Mess

Mess

Tom Walker live at Baeble HQ

Tom Walker live at Baeble HQ

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

Robert Randolph and the Family Band  live at Baeble HQ

Robert Randolph and the Family Band live at Baeble HQ

ROZES live at Baeble HQ

ROZES live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Live It Up

Live It Up

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.