recently offered up their new album Sunlit Youth
and it's pretty damn good... But we figured you're probably too busy and tired to read another
review right now, so we decided to break it down for you. Here are the record highlights that you absolutely, positively need to know.
1. Their first single "Villiany" isn't the best song on the record... Not even close.
2. Instead, the best songs are "Dark Days," "Coins," "Mother Emanuel," and "Psycho Lovers"... Pretty much all of them!
3. Close seconds are "Past Lives," "Fountain of Youth," and "Everything All At Once"... Again, pretty much all of them.
4. The guitar tone at 1:55 in "Everything All At Once" will make you sweat (in a good way).
5. I can't help but think, "Shots, shots, shots, shots!" whenever I hear those four claps before the first verse in "Mother Emanuel."
6. The band isn't finished with their ongoing theme of Los Angeles and youth... They only sing about it a billion times.
7. Taylor Rice's smooth voice shines brighter than ever.
8. The band added synth to this record, but it's still mainly driven by vocals, guitar, and drums.
9. So they really sound the same, just with more synth and electronics.
10. The record is also filled with a crap ton of anthems and harmonies sung by stacked vocals, which leads us to believe that the live performance is going to be pretty epic.