My eighth grade history teacher learned the hard way that hip-hop will never in any case make learning about the Battle of Gettysburg an enjoyable experience. Perhaps that's why, when conducting her own hip-hop lesson plan, First Lady Michelle Obama hired big names like Rev Run to do the heavy lifting for her.
Songs for a Healthier America is a 19-track collaborative effort organized by Partnership for a Healthier America and Hip Hop Public Health. Each song promotes healthy diet and exercise.
The first video comes in the form of leading track "Everybody" which features Doug E Fresh. Unfortunately Obama Arms Mama doesn't spit any lines on the track, nor on any track for that matter. We're crossing our fingers in hope that she'll make an appearance on Volume II's Miley Cyrus bit "Twerk fo that Ground Turk".
Songs for a Healthier America Tracklist:
01. "Everybody" (ft. Jordin Sparks, Doug E Fresh, Ryan Beatty, Artie Green, Dr Oz and the Hip Hop Doc)
02. "U R What You Eat" (ft. Salad Bar (Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker))
03. "Lets Move" (ft. Doug E Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins, Easy AD)
04. "Just Believe" (ft. Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova, Chauncey Hawkins)
05. "Veggie Luv" (ft. Monifah and J Rome)
06. "Hip Hop FEET" (Finding Exercise Energy Thresholds) (ft. DMC, Artie Green, and Chauncey Hawkins)
07. "Stronger" (ft. Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time, Nils Lofgren)
08. "Give Myself a Try" (ft. Ryan Beatty)
09. "Jump Up" (Its a Good Day) Lets Move" version (ft. Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could)
10. "Hip Hop LEAN" (ft. Artie Green)
11. "Pass the Rock" (ft. Iman Schumpert and Artie Green)
12. "Good Living" (ft. Ashton Jones)
13. "Beautiful" (ft. Daisy Grant and Artie Green)
14. "Change the Game" (ft. The Happiness Club and Naledge)
15. "Wanna Jump" (Lets Move) (ft. Paul Burch and WPA Ballclub)
16. "Mother May I?" (ft. Amelia Robinson)
17. "We Like Vegetables" (ft. Los Barkers!)
18. "Get Up Sit Up" (ft. Ian James and Ricky Baitz)
19. "One Step Forward" (ft. Samite)