This week, we've got a tape curated by Evan Winiker, the bass player of New Jersey rock band Steel Train. Their latest (and self-titled) record is out now.
Some oldies, some newbies, all goodies.
Scroll Through The Player To Listen To All The Songs On the Mixtape
1. "Ambling Alp" - Yeasayer - Odd Blood
Possibly my favorite song of the year. Put it on in the car, put it on
when you're jogging, you can listen to it anywhere.
2. "Shake It Out" - Manchester Orchestra - Mean Everything To Nothing
Great guys, great record, great song.
3. "Out Of The Blue" - Julian Casablancas - Phrazes For The Young
4. "Samson" - Regina Spektor - Begin To Hope
A song I came back to that I used to love. So great, and has sentimental meaning for me.
5. "Unbearable Why" - Dr. Dog - Shame, Shame
These guys are probably the best rock band out there now. Impeccable songwriting and great live shows. My favorite song on the new record.
6. "Blue Rondo A La Turk" - Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out
I love listening to this song while driving in the rain. I grew up hearing my parents play it also.
7. "Creation Myth" - Lanterns - Apocalypse Youth
A friend turned me onto these guys from San Diego. Great under the radar band.
8. "Undertaker" - M. Ward - The Transfiguration Of Vincent
Such a great song off a fantastic record. I'm not so into the She and Him stuff but listening to this makes me want to like it.
9. "Arrow" - Tegan And Sara - Sainthood
I miss hearing these songs every night. My favorite Canadian songwriters (next to Neil young, Joni Mitchell, and Robbie Robertson,) good company.
10. "This Will Be Our Year" - The Zombies - Odessey And Oracle
Killer band, classic song. My favorite in their catalogue.