12 Songs To Dance to When You're Feeling Stressed Out
    • TUESDAY, JULY 24, 2018

• Posted by: Nell Snow

When you're feeling down, sometimes you want to curl up and listen to sad songs. But other times, you want to stand up, dance, and shake away all your frustration to a song that's reminding you that everything is going to be OK. So put on your headphones, crank these songs up to full volume, and dance like nobody's watching.

12. Surround Me- LÉON

LÉON's voice is stunning. At the start of this song, she absolutely smolders. Then the song delves into a light and joyful beat. It's a song about letting go and not overthinking, so try to live in the moment as you listen to this song.

11. Take it High – GRiZ

This song is groovy as hell. "If the mood is low, we're gonna take it high," the singers belt. So let them. Let the funky beat and Ivan Neville's smooth voice give you the energy you need to make it through the day.

10.Crickets- Big Wild

Big Wild's songs tend to prompt visions of magnificent landscapes like huge mountain ranges or the crashing ocean. However, Crickets is about something on a much smaller scale. It's about a couple of crickets. But it's also about much more than that. Jackson Stell, the mind behind Big Wild, said "Crickets is about realizing how small you are in the world but not caring about it because you have people you love and people who love you."

9. Panic! at the Disco

There's an entire genre made specifically for singing when you're feeling particularly emo, and it's called pop-punk (or uh, emo). "This is Gospel" is the perfect song for when you feel like everyone is against you. Brendon Urie's voice is clear, beautiful, and angry at the world. This song will never not be iconic, so sing it at the top of your lungs.

8. Supercut- Lorde

With her sophomore album Melodrama, Lorde established her title as the queen of angst. Supercut doesn't break from the mold, with its lyrics pining after an ex-lover. And yet the song is upbeat and the melody is happy. The result is a sort of deep nostalgic heartache that's easy to relate to.

7. DaNcing in a RoOm- Ezi

The entire point of this article is to convince you to dance in a room when you're feeling down. And Ezi also understands that it's the cure to a lot of different problems. When you're dancing alone, it's a reminder that you don't need anybody else.

6. Last to Leave- Louis the Child

Another song about dancing alone. Another reminder you should do it a lot.

5. Good Day- Lil Yachty

You know what? There's nothing wrong with celebrating when things are going well for you. Lil Yachty reminds us that they material things in life can also raise our spirits. Maybe this isn't the song for you if you're stressed about money problems, though.

4. Bad Day- Daniel Powter

This song was the soundtrack to every 2000's kid's teen angst. Tell me, is there a single person who grew up with this song that didn't relate to it way too much? Or play it on repeat when they found out their crush didn't like them back, or when they failed a test in Algebra? To this day, it's the perfect sad song to remind you that a bad day is just that- a day.

3. When it Rains it Pours – Twiddle

What a classic. What's better than a strumming guitar and a folksy voice to remind you that things will always get better?

2. Before I Go – GRiZ

I have a little ritual whenever I feel like I'm going to panic. I put this song on and lie on my back, listening to the lyrics of someone who seems as sad and frustrated as I am. By the end of the song, I'm always, standing, dancing, and feeling a million times better. It never fails to work, and it's a testament to Leo Napier's gravelly singing voice and GRiZ's beautiful production.

1 Falls- ODESZA

Listen to this song. Put it on repeat. Memorize the lyrics. If there's one song to make you feel better, this is it. It's here to remind you that everybody falls down, and that you just have to hold on tight. Yes, those are two lines from the song, verbatim. The song doesn't have a lot of metaphor or flowery adjectives. Instead, it sounds like something your mom or your best friend would tell you as they give you a big hug (if they were just a little bit more articulate). Plus, the drifting melody and Sasha Sloan's angelic voice are both incredibly soothing, while still being entirely danceable.

Hot Baeble Videos
    Nick de la Hoyde live at Baeble HQ

Nick de la Hoyde live at Baeble HQ

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

Live It Up

Live It Up

Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal

Goin Harder ft Bomba Estereo

Goin Harder ft Bomba Estereo

God's Plan

God's Plan

Drip Too Hard ft Gunna

Drip Too Hard ft Gunna

God Is A Woman

God Is A Woman

© 2018 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.