10 Rising Producers to Keep Your Eyes on This Year
    • TUESDAY, MAY 30, 2017

• Posted by: Josh Han

Every day, as electronic music gains popularity, there are more and more amazing producers coming out of their makeshift bedroom studios to share their music, and our job is to discover them. From the insane collaborations that Mura Masa offers to the club sensibilities of Toxe, here are 10 music producers that are expected to make waves in 2017, whether they were making moves already, or are new to the game, or making a resurgence.

1. J Gramm

Julian Gramma is a young Canadian hip-hop music producer who is known for his work with Travis Scott, Wiz Khalifa, Wale, Dej Loaf, and others. If you don't already know, his most well known song is “Broccoli" by D.R.A.M.

2. WondaGurl

Ebony Naomi Oshunrinde is a 20 year old producer from Canada. At the young age of 15, she won the Battle of the Beat Makers competition in Toronto and is a protégé of DJ Boi-1da. She often works with Travis Scott, who has been killing it recently so we can probably expect them to come out with a song together soon.

3. UNiiQU3

Seeing as Jersey club is still relevant (yes, Jersey club is a thing), I expect UNiiQU3 to keep gaining in popularity, especially in the New Jersey/New York area.

4. Toxe

Toxe is the youngest producer on this list. She’s from Sweden and still in high school, but DJs at clubs often. It’s kind of funny to think about a kid DJing at the club... Until she gets the records spinning and you’re on your feet, controlled by her sweet mixin' skills. She kills the club scene in Sweden and is making some serious waves in the techno music world.

5. Metro Boomin

Leland Tyler Wayne is only 23 years old but happens to have made the beat for almost every hip-hop track today. I don’t know if we can classify him as up-and-coming because he’s been killing it for the past few years, but he’s young and original... Close enough. You know in the beginning of some Future songs when it goes “If young Metro don’t trust you, I’m gon’ shoot ya"? That signifies that it’s Metro Boomin’s beat. He consistently creates fire beats that everyone likes, and his breakout song was “Jumpman."

6. Young Chop

If you’re not a fan of hip-hop music, you probably won’t remember when Chief Keef first came onto the scene. Well, Young Chop produced the majority of Chief Keef’s drill music. Drill is a fairly new genre, and Young Chop and Chief Keef are young as well, seeing as they, for the most part, created this subgenre now labeled “drill."

7. Wheezy

Doesn’t have a real name, doesn’t even have a wiki page. What he does have though, is the mind to make good music. He produced most of Young Thug’s Barter 6. Expect him to come out with some fuego this year that he’s indubitably working on quietly.

8. Porter Robinson

Porter Weston Robinson, the dude uses his real name as his stage name, that’s how legit he is. He taught himself how to produce music, and before the age of 21 he had 3 songs that topped Beatport’s charts. He’s a fan of Japanese anime and incorporates it into his production.

9. Drezo

Drezo is a house DJ with experimentally dark and vicious sounds which are very distinct. As house music and EDM take a darker turn with more harsh bass sounds, Drezo will continue to thrive.

10. Mura Masa

Ah, a Baeble fave. Real name Alex Crossan, Mura Masa is from the UK and I honestly don’t know how to describe his music without using the word “unreal" first. I know, it’s a bad word for describing something, but this producer creates some of the most euphoric electronic music, sounding like it’s straight out of heaven, and he's rising in popularity--fast. A$AP Rocky has a few verses on his song “Lovesick" and he also has a song featuring Desiigner called “All Around The World," proving how diverse he is - no matter who he works with. I mean, Desiigner! Kid mumbles everything...

Hot Baeble Videos
    XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Live It Up

Live It Up

Rose Hill Drive live at The Mercury Lounge

Rose Hill Drive live at The Mercury Lounge

Perry Farrell & Satellite Party live at The Artist's Lounge

Perry Farrell & Satellite Party live at The Artist's Lounge

Antwon live at Hype Hotel

Antwon live at Hype Hotel

Let Me Go ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, watt

Let Me Go ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, watt

Almost Home feat. Nadia Ali and IRO

Almost Home feat. Nadia Ali and IRO

Pleader

Pleader

Im An Albatroaz

Im An Albatroaz

Driving Me ft. Jazze Pha

Driving Me ft. Jazze Pha

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.