10 New Acts You Can't Miss at Governors Ball This Year
    • FRIDAY, MAY 26, 2017

• Posted by: Kirsten Spruch

How on earth is it already time for our favorite NYC festival? We're not sure, but whether we're ready or not, Governors Ball is coming up next weekend, June 2-4. The schedule has been released and as always, we're tearing our hair out over which sets to catch.

Now, I can't tell you who to choose between Childish Gambino and Phoenix (this overlap is personally ruining my life), however, I can give you this piece of advice: arrive while the sun is still shining and catch some of the earlier acts. I know it's hard to get to festivals early, and I know it's hard to figure out which acts are worthy of your time with such a large selection... But even though you may have only bought a ticket for Chance The Rapper, mark my words - you're going to want to check out these other 10 acts.

FRIDAY:

MUNA - 1:30pm - Gov Ball Stage

ESSENTIAL TRACKS: "Winterbreak," "I Know A Place"

We love MUNA (you can see just how much we love them here). They're a fierce-as-hell synth-pop trio made up of the most bad ass gals you know. They all met at University of Southern California, and a dream that once seemed far away quickly turned into a larger-than-life band that not only makes catchy indie pop but also represents the queer community.

Francis and the Lights - 2:15pm - Bacardi

ESSENTIAL TRACKS: "Friends (ft. Bon Iver and Kanye West)," "See Her Out (Thats Just Life)"

I personally caught Francis and the Lights at Coachella last month and not only did he sound great live, but his dance moves were impeccable. There's no way he won't have you completely mesmerized.

Kehlani - 3:00pm - Gov Ball Stage

ESSENTIAL TRACKS: "CRZY," "The Way (ft. Chance The Rapper)"

Kehlani is another bad ass chick that has everyone going crazy right now. On top of having awesome style and an equally as awesome voice, she puts on one hell of a show.

Bleachers - 4:45pm - Gov Ball Stage

ESSENTIAL TRACKS: "Don't Take The Money," "I Miss Those Days"

Lately, I can't get enough of Jack Antonoff and his project Bleachers. He's getting ready to release his new album, Gone Now, and all of the songs we've heard so far are great. On "I Miss Those Days," Antonoff vocally channels his inner Hamilton Leithauser while "Don't Take The Money" is an extremely fun 80s-inspired, almost cartoonish single. He's also BFFs with Lorde who's playing on the same day, so maybe she'll make a special appearance. After all, she does sing backup vocals for him sometimes.

SATURDAY

Lo Moon - 12:45pm - Bacardi

ESSENTIAL TRACKS: "Loveless"

I know 12:45pm is a sinfully early time to wake up, especially on the second day of a festival, but trust me: this dreamy band is totally worth it. With only one song out right now, we're already anxiously waiting to hear what they put out next.

A R I Z O N A - 1:30pm - Honda

ESSENTIAL TRACKS: "Oceans Away," "Cross My Mind"

Missing A R I Z O N A would be a silly mistake. This band from New Jersey combines rock and synth-pop to create beautiful, airy music that makes you feel like you can fly. ("I Believe I Can Fly" starts playing.) Sorry. I had to.

Stormzy - 3:00pm - Honda

ESSENTIAL TRACKS: "Big For Your Boots," "Shut Up"

UK rapper Stormzy, aka Michael Omari, is one of the best grime acts making music right now. And he's BFFs with Ed Sheeran which just makes him extra lovable.

SUNDAY

Mondo Cozmo - 12:45pm - Big Apple

ESSENTIAL TRACKS: "Automatic," "Shine"

If you're not able to catch U2 at Bonnaroo this year, you might want to consider catching Mondo Cozmo at Governors Ball. The artist's latest single "Automatic" sounds like what you'd get if you mixed Jagwar Ma's groovy beats with Bono's anthemic, hopeful melodies.

The Orwells - 1:30pm - Gov Ball Stage

ESSENTIAL TRACKS: "They Put A Body in The Bayou," "Mallrats (La La La)"

If you need a break from all of the pop/electronic goodness that Tove Lo and Marshmello are offering, or conversely, if you need a little pre-game to get pumped for the intense rock of Cage The Elephant, The Orwells are the perfect set for you. Clashing drums, raspy vocals, and electrifying guitars are bound to get your heart racing!

GRYFFIN - 3:00pm - Honda

ESSENTIAL TRACKS: "Feel Good (ft. Daya)," "Whole Heart"

GRYFFIN is a super buzzy producer that's climbing up and up, especially now during festival season. He just wrapped up his first ever performance at Coachella and is gearing up to hit all of the other fests in addition to Gov Ball plus a tour with Martin Garrix. With such a rigorous tour schedule, you know he must be cookin' up a good show.
    Hot Baeble Videos
    XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Live It Up

Live It Up

Rose Hill Drive live at The Mercury Lounge

Rose Hill Drive live at The Mercury Lounge

Perry Farrell & Satellite Party live at The Artist's Lounge

Perry Farrell & Satellite Party live at The Artist's Lounge

Antwon live at Hype Hotel

Antwon live at Hype Hotel

Let Me Go ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, watt

Let Me Go ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, watt

Almost Home feat. Nadia Ali and IRO

Almost Home feat. Nadia Ali and IRO

Pleader

Pleader

Im An Albatroaz

Im An Albatroaz

Driving Me ft. Jazze Pha

Driving Me ft. Jazze Pha

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.