April is known for its showers, but this year, we recognized it in NYC for its abnormal chill, and in our offices for the enormous influx of truly awesome concerts and sessions to our massively expanded video catalog. These, in addition to a slew of interesting interviews and editorial postings, made April our favorite month of 2013 (so far), so we thought it called for a flashback.
1) Jim James is a king of rock mysticism, and he proved it so in our concert video
of his performance at Hype Machine's Hype Hotel.
2) Little Green Cars quenched our thirst for Irish folk
in their full concert.
3) Musical mastermind Olafur Arnalds let us explore his thoughts in a coffee talk
4) Margaret Thatcher died, and we reflected on her tyrannical impact on music
5) Scottish synth bunch CHVRCHES
stole our hearts in their live show.
6) REM's debut album turned 30, and we celebrated with their greatest b-sides
7) Steve Buscemi went on an episodic romp with Vampire Weekend in support of their recent show at Roseland, and this stood out as our favorite
8) Water Liars swung by our HQ with and provided a spellbinding, musical brunch
9) Paloma Faith is hotter than your girlfriend and funnier than you
10) The male faction of our office grew serious crushes on gritty pop star Charli XCX
11) Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. got real with us on a big pink couch
12) Neutral Milk Hotel distributed a weird picture
, and as we expected, announced a reunion tour with five strange stops
13) We sorta went to Coachella. And by 'sorta', we mean we hung out by a pool with Of Monsters and Men, Foals, Stars, Lord Huron, GUARDS, The Airborne Toxic Event, and White Arrows
More Full Concerts from Hype Hotel:
Ivan and Alyosha
Ra Ra Riot