Staying on top of the latest developments in the music industry can be tough. Sometimes so much can happen in a single week that big news can get lost between the cracks. We're here to refresh your memories by reminding you of what happened this week in always quick, often snarky sentences.
1) Phoenix's Bankrupt!
was kinda "meh", so they continue to have awesome bands like Grizzly Bear
and The Dirty Projectors
make "Entertainment" more entertaining.
2) Reality TV killed rock 'n' roll and the new Black Sabbath
single proves it.
3) Lana Del Rey
and The xx
confirm speculation that The Great Gatsby
will be a slow-motion snore-fest.
4) Steve Buscemi went bowling with Vampire Weekend
and invited Grimes to Easter brunch
5) We set loose three new concerts from Hype Hotel Charli XCX
, and Caveman
6) It turns out Justin Bieber would be an great sit-in for a certain Game Of Thrones
7) A Finnish journalist reviewed Daft Punk's Random Access Memories
with a 70s-themed collage
8) Since only like nine people can read Icelandic, we tried our best to translate the Sigur Ros lyric video
9) Paloma Faith is hotter than your girlfriend and funnier than you
10) We talked with Olafur Arnalds about Miley Cyrus and knocking off a certain famous composer
11) Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. got real with us on a big pink couch
12) Neutral Milk Hotel distributed a weird picture
, leading us to geek out about a possible reunion.
13) Junip's self-titled, sophomore release
shouldn't be mixed with alcohol.