Sure, April showers bring May flowers, but we're still in a bit of a disagreement with the current cold-snap in the New York metro area. Our shorts were barely out of storage before 70-degree weather gave way to bitter chills (UGH-gain). Regardless, we've got a few tunes lined up to wistfully dream of those warmer days ahead. Check them out (even if you live in Hawaii... you bastard).
1. "Sunday (Psychic Conversation #9)" - Crocodiles - Endless Flowers
First song of the summer, in our heads at least. Unfortunately, it came a little too early (in New York, at least) and definitely isn't going to work in Alaska, ever.
2. "How Do I Know" - Here We Go Magic - A Different Ship
Another steller single from HWGM, inflating the already engorged anticipation for their Nigel Godrich-produced LP (out in May).
3. "Theraflu (Ft. DJ Khaled)" - Kanye West - Theraflu [Single]
Harkening back to the glory days of G.O.O.D. Friday in 2010, we got a new group track ("Mercy") and a new single from Yeezy (which bested the former, in our opinion).
4. "Mind Control" - Friends - Lucky Number
The first official single off Friend's forthcoming LP, somehow even more fun than their one-off songs "I'm His Girl" and "Friend Crush." We wanna be their friend.
5. "Run With The Wind" - Dappled Cities - Run With The Wind [Single]
I think this random Facebook comment I saw said it best: PIEW PIEW!
6. "Chew" - Yuck - Chew [Single]
Still trying to figure out how Yuck gets away with being derivative while everybody else gets blasted for it on Pitchfork, but hey, at least this is a fun song.
7. "Little Talks" - Of Monsters and Men - My Head Is An Animal
Of Monsters and Men is the band of the moment, and this is their rally cry-- get to know them before they're a car comercial and your mom is asking for a copy for her Zune for Christmas.
8. "Halfway To Heaven" - POP ETC - POP ETC
Along with last week's "Everything Is Gone," this is the other song off the band's mini-mixtape that will also appear on the self-titled LP.
9. "Dance With You" - Black Lips - Sick of You [Single]
Hell hath no fury like a Black Lips B-side.
10. "Christian Dior Denim Flow (Ft. Kid Cudi, Pusha T, John Legend, Lloyd Banks, and Ryan Leslie)" - Kanye West - G.O.O.D. Friday 10.01.10
Last week's brief burst of Kanye really brought us back, particularly to this banger from the original G.O.O.D. Friday run in the autumn of 2010. "Christian Dior Denim Flow / I told her I'm tryin to eat out / so what we goin' to dinner fo'?" NAILED IT.