7 Songs To Inspire You To End That Toxic Relationship You're In
    • TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2018

• Posted by: Piera Lolandes

When most will tell you not to give up on your relationship and give it another shot, I'm here to tell you the opposite. Why? Simply because not every ending has to be the end of your world. Don't lie to yourself, you've been meaning to break up with that a****** you call your boyfriend/girlfriend/partner but somehow you haven't found the heart to do it yet. There is nothing wrong with wanting something better for yourself and staying in a relationship that hinders you in any way isn't good for anyone involved. We've chosen some songs that will hopefully inspire you to go after what you truly want, even if that's to finally end the toxic relationship you find yourself in at the moment.

1. "Pink Lemonade" by James Bay

"Do you wanna talk, do you wanna talk it through? Swear I ain't got anything on my mind, I don't wanna talk to you, don't ask me," James Bay sings in this gem of a track which might not be about breaking up after all. The song is catchy and upbeat but it doesn't carry the lightest of lyrics. You can relate to this if you've ever felt forced to speak about your feelings, or lack thereof, by a significant other. Way to avoid a conversation you know is bound to happen sooner or later.

2. "Love Song" by Zak Abel

Don't let the track title fool you, this is not your typical love song and that's exactly what makes this song a perfect fit here. "This ain't nothing like your love song, baby. Just because I let you drive me crazy, you're probably thinking this is your love song," he sings as he reminds us all that being driven crazy by someone doesn't always have the positive, lovey dovey meaning we associate with being in love. So sing it to your significant other and hope he or she gets the message and breaks things off with you if you don't want to do it yourself.

3. "IDGAF" by Dua Lipa ft. Charli XCX, Zara Larsson, , & Alma

If you've already escaped the relationship you wanted out of, this track might be right up your alley if your ex is trying to get back into your life. Dua Lipa has the right idea with this empowering track about simply not giving a f*ck about someone who has lied to you and made you cry. In this video though, the girl power is in full force as she is joined by some pretty amazing and talented ladies you might have already heard of. "You say you're sorry but it's too late now...boy, IDGAF!"

4. "Never Really Cared" by Banfi

Staying on the subject of not giving any f*cks, we have this slower track by Banfi. If you were in the type of relationship where you were the one that was less into it than the person you were dating, then this is your song. It might seem cold hearted, but oh well.

5. "Not The One" by Mikky Ekko

Sometimes we break our own hearts when we realize that the person we are dating isn't "the one." It doesn't have to mean they did anything wrong but simply that you've come to realize they aren't the person you are meant to be with "forever." This Mikky Ekko track is just about that and how the one you truly want never seems to come around and you're just not the one for them, just the one for right now. So, "cross your heart and let it slide straight into another life."

6. "Nostalgia" by

And once you're done with the dumping and letting go of the toxic relationship you were in, you might find yourself experiencing feelings of sadness and nostalgia. But that's all normal because you are human and have the right to have feelings after all. This track by MØ is exactly what you need as she sings, "I know you're hurting. I know your heart, it aches for someone's lovin' but the sun shines when the cloud breaks." Couldn't have said it better myself.

7. "Wild Love" by Elle King

This upbeat track is all about reminding you of what love should be all about. It's about the possibility of finding your true love, or whatever that might mean to you personally. It's all about loving as much as you can, even if it's for the fun of it. After all, it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. "Love might be our redemption.."

© 2018 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.