WEDNESDAY, MARCH 08, 2017 |
Posted by: Mandi Dudek
Today is International Women's Day, a glorious day devoted to the ladies. Women all over the world are coming together to celebrate our achievements and to continue to raise awareness for economic inequality, reproductive rights, civil liberties and violence. So if you need a little inspiration to go out there and rule the world today, we've gathered some of our favorite lyrics to make you feel like a badass female from some of the baddest.
10. "You put her down, you liked her hopeless
To walk around, feeling unnoticed
You should've crowned her, cause she's a goddess
You never got this."
- "Goddess" by Banks
Everyone needs to be a little more like Banks.
9. "I dont give a damn 'bout my bad reputation
You're living in the past it's a new generation
a girl can do and that's what I'm going to do
An' I dont give a damn 'bout my bad reputation."
- "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett
Men aren't the only ones who can be aggressive and bad ass. Women can do it too, and Joan Jett owned it.
8. "But the hottest bitch in heels right here
No fear, and while you gettin' your cry on
I'm gettin' my fly on"
- "Hard" by Rihanna
Pretty much every song Rihanna you listen to makes you feel like you're a bad bitch.
7. "Looks like a girl, but she's a flame
So bright, she could burn your eyes
Better look the other way
You can try but you'll never forget her name
She's on top of the world."
- "Girl On Fire" by Alicia Keys
Don't tell us you've never belted this song out - at the top of your lungs - and didn't feel like a badass, powerful woman.
6. "How many rules am I to break before you understand
That your double standards don't mean shit to me?"
- "None Of Your Business" by Salt N Pepa
This song's message: Do whatever the f*ck you want.
5. "I'm tired of Marvin asking me, "What's Going On?"
March to the streets 'cause I'm willing and I'm able
Categorize me, I defy every label
And while you're selling dope, we're gonna keep selling hope
We rising up now, you gotta deal you gotta cope"
- "Q.U.E.E.N" by Janelle Monae & Erykah Badu
This song by two powerful women couldn't be more relevant right now.
4. "I'm every woman,
It's all in me
Anything you want done, baby
I'll do it naturally."
- "I'm Every Woman" by Chaka Khan
Sing it, girl.
3. "'Cause I'm just a girl, a little 'ol me.
Well don't let me out of your sight.
Oh I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite.
So don't let me have any rights.
Oh...I've had it up to here!"
- "Just a Girl" by No Doubt
Because powerful women come in all shapes and sizes. Even small and feisty like Gwen Stefani.
2. "My persuasion can build a nation
Endless power, the love we can devour
You'll do anything for me."
- "Girls Who Run The World" by Beyonce
You know we couldn't leave Queen Bey off this list. This woman just oozes girl power.
1. "And you don't have to change a thing
The world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful
we're stars and we're beautiful."
- "Scars To Your Beautiful" by Alessia Cara
This song is so uplifting, positive and empowering and it's almost impossible to listen to without feeling like you can do anything.