We're not all lucky enough to be on top of the latest news in the music industry, and sometimes so much can happen in a single week that big news can get lost between the cracks. We're here to refresh your memories by reminding you of what happened this week in always quick, often snarky sentences.
1) Someone in our office loved The Strokes new album Comedown Machine
, and did a hell of a job justifying it (but the rest of us are still unsure).
2) ZZ Ward swung by Baeble HQ and served up some blues-infused rhythm with hip-hop swagger in one of our latest session videos
3) Lil Wayne is alive, but he might actually turn out to be a gremlin
4) We schooled the kids on how to make their band names Google friendly
in the age of digital music.
5) Ireland invaded Brooklyn
to see Little Green Cars live at Music Hall of Williamsburg.
6) Brian Wilson is a camp counselor - seriously
7) After years of tireless research, scientists have finally determined how to get WHAM! songs out of your head
8) Jim Carrey pissed off the NRA
9) Bad Books
proved that a side project can be as great, or greater than a primary gig in our second session video of the week.
10) With a quarter of 2013 behind us, we chose the 10 best music videos
of the past three months.
11) Thom Yorke and Nigel Godrich set the bar at a new level for "DJ sets"
12) A six-year-old kid plays the drums like a beast
13) We learn a little about Passover with a playlist of redemption songs
(no Bob Marley included).