We're not all lucky enough to be on top of the latest news in the music industry, and sometimes so much can happen in a single week that big news can get lost between the cracks. We're here to refresh your memories by reminding you of what happened this week in always quick, often snarky sentences.
1) Our Saturday party down in Austin was epic and featured key moments like The Thermals crowd-dive closer
2) We went to SXSW, took thousands of photos, and picked the best 58
3) Shooter Jennings is of legendary lineage and is quite the conversationalist
4) Vampire Weekend took a little break from sounding like 80s Paul Simon for a more rockabilly route
5) Justin Timberlake will one day be President
6) Dropkick Murphys kick a dude's ass
7) We received a needed lesson in classical music appreciation
8) Django Django introduced us to our new favorite death defying pastime that involvescars, motorcycles
, and Indian carnivals.
9) You may not think you like The National
, but we're sure you do.
10) Kurt Vile invited us into his house and doled out a serene new tune
11) You may not like The Strokes latest album, Comedown Machine
, but maybe you should respect it.
12) The evolution of Snoop Lion is finally complete, and it sounds good
13) South Park
is releasing R&B classic "Gay Fish"
on vinyl for Record Store Day.