12 Artists You Will Love If You Are An Ed Sheeran Fan
    • TUESDAY, MARCH 21, 2017

• Posted by: Kirsten Spruch

Sometimes when I really like an artist, I ruin my love for them by listening to their music way too much. I take a song and I listen to it over and over again, on repeat until I grow extremely tired to the point where simply the sound of their voice is enough to make me feel nauseous... But I don't want you to feel that way. I don't want anyone to feel that way, ever. So here's how to avoid getting sick of your favorite artist: listen to other artists. Simple, right? And no, it's not cheating... You're doing it out of love. You're preserving your energy for the good stuff. It doesn't mean that Drake fans have to start listening to Kurt Vile, it just means they have to start listening to other just-as-great rap artists, like Kanye.

Right now, a lot of people are listening to Ed Sheeran. He's only like, the biggest male pop star ever right now, next to Justin Bieber or The Weeknd. And we can understand why you love him; his music appeals to the masses. College bros all over the world are partying to "Shape Of You" while little tween gals daydream of future romance while listening to "Thinking Out Loud." Sheeran's personal throwback stories on "Castle on the Hill" suddenly make you feel nostalgic for that time you and your friends stayed out past curfew to sleep on the beach, and "A-Team" relates to, uh, drug-addicted prostitutes everywhere... But like I said, we need to preserve all of that Ed Sheeran love, so let's take a look at some artists who are in the same sonic realm as him, that you will love just as much. We promise.

1. James Bay

Much like Ed Sheeran, James Bay has that thick English accent and those sweet, undeniable guitar licks.

2. Bastille

Sure, you know "Pompeii," but do you know Bastille's other songs? We promise their latest album, Wild World, will indeed make you go wild.

3. Passenger

Passenger and Ed Sheeran are actually pretty tight friends who started out together, so you could see how they'd be musically similar. They even have a song together ("Heart's On Fire")! Is that cheating? Nah...

4. Charlie Puth

Charlie Puth is another great male pop singer. Perhaps a little underrated - he might just be the next Ed in a few years. Watch out, Ed!

5. Birdy

Birdy's pure and fragile music is a singer-songwriter dream.

6. Tom Odell

Tom Odell is another English pop singer-songwriter who writes a ton of songs about unrequited love and living his finest, edgiest life as a young adult. We love his relatable lyrics and soulful voice, and he ain't too hard on the eyes either.

7. X Ambassadors

X Ambassadors are masters of the indie rock/pop anthem. Take out the "indie" and you kind of have Ed Sheeran.

8. Jack Savoretti

Another English man (see a pattern here?), Jack Savoretti is the deep and raspy voice that you need to listen to NOW.

9. Bear's Den

This folk-rock trio incorporate a ton of harmonies and beautiful acoustic guitars into their music. Any Sheeran fan would dig their latest album, Red Earth & Pouring Rain.

10. Jack Garratt

This British singer sounds like what Sheeran would sound like if he swapped out his guitar with grimy electronics.

11. Kelvin Jones

Thumping drums, tons of acoustic guitars, and feel-good pop sensibilities essentially makes Kelvin Jones Ed Sheeran's musical twin.

12. The Staves

Beautifully blending acoustic folk with gorgeous harmonies and intricate storytelling, The Staves will undoubtedly win over any Sheeran fan in a heart beat.
    Hot Baeble Videos
    Sofi Tukker live at Baeble HQ

Sofi Tukker live at Baeble HQ

Robert Randolph and the Family Band  live at Baeble HQ

Robert Randolph and the Family Band live at Baeble HQ

ROZES live at Baeble HQ

ROZES live at Baeble HQ

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Live It Up

Live It Up

Circa Survive  live at Baeble HQ

Circa Survive live at Baeble HQ

Thao with The Get Down Stay Down live at First Unitarian Church

Thao with The Get Down Stay Down live at First Unitarian Church

Overcoats live at Industry City

Overcoats live at Industry City

The Aces live at Baeble HQ

The Aces live at Baeble HQ

Romes live at Baeble HQ

Romes live at Baeble HQ

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.