All we can think about right now is the 90th Academy Awards show this weekend. For those in the film industry, the Oscars are a supreme moment of validation for all the hard work they've put into their craft. For the rest of us schmucks, they're a great time to get wine drunk on the couch while yelling "yassss queen" at people who don't even know we exist. And while getting drunk with reckless abandon is fun and all, you know what's even more fun? Getting drunk with reckless abandon but also with rules. Just so you don't get too carried away this weekend, we've devised a fun little drinking game to keep you entertained during this year's ceremony, and hopefully, more than a little tipsy. Enjoy.
1. Take a drink anytime someone trips over their dress or while going up the stairs.
2. Take a drink anytime a speech goes on too long and is cut off.
3. Take a drink anytime someone claps like Nicole Kidman.
4. Take a drink anytime the camera cuts to an audience member crying.
5. Take a drink anytime someone's name is mispronounced. Take two drinks if it's Timothée Chalamet.
6. Take a drink anytime someone mentions how great Meryl Streep is/the camera cuts to Meryl Streep.
7. Take a drink anytime someone makes a joke about Trump/the current administration/conservative politics in America.
8. Drink for 5 seconds if Trump tweets about the Oscars. Finish your drink and take a shot if Trump tweets something bad about the Oscars and/or uses the words "bad", "shameful" or "fake news".
9. Take a drink anytime someone mentions the Jimmy Kimmel/Matt Damon feud. Take two drinks if Jimmy Kimmel directs a joke at Damon.
10. Take a drink for any #metoo or #timesup moments.
11. Take a shot anytime a man with a questionable background tries to support women or #timesup.
12. Take three shots if there is a "Moonlight
" moment and the wrong winner is announced.
13. Take a drink anytime the camera cuts to an actor awkwardly trying to dance during the performances.
14. Take a drink if someone cries during Sufjan Stevens
15. Take a drink anytime someone mentions the E! News controversy.
16. Take a shot if Ryan Seacrest is replaced on the red carpet at the last minute.
17. Take a drink anytime an actress gets upset when asked about what they're wearing.
18. Take a drink anytime someone makes a joke about having sex with a fish (cough, cough, The Shape of Water