10 Songs To Help You Get Sufficiently Drunk This St. Patrick's Day
    • THURSDAY, MARCH 15, 2018

• Posted by: Kirsten Spruch

St. Patty's day is a conflicting holiday for me. On one hand, getting drunk is fun! However on the other hand, green is not that great of a color on me. I mean, why bright green? Why not a more delicate shade of mint? That I could mess with.

Regardless of how I personally feel about the Irish day though, it's coming up this Saturday, March 17th, and what better day for St. Patty's Day than a Saturday? This year we can all replace our regular morning coffee with something of a more bubbly variety and continue that all day long, guilt-free, because we don't got work the next day.

Of course while you're hanging out at the pub with your best Irish friend (yes, because we only bring out our Irish friends once a year for this sole purpose), there will be March Madness on the TV screen and music blaring on the speakers. What music you listen to on this day is crucial, because everyone knows that a song can either make or break your mood. And when you're drinking, you're going to want to keep that glorious drunkenness afloat. So with that said, take a look at these songs we've put together for the leprechaun-studded holiday and make sure to request them to the bartender if the dive bar you're at isn't already playing them. Then ask yourself why you decided to go to a bar with poor music taste in the first place.

1. "Take Me To Church" by Hozier

This one is an absolute must, not only because Hozier is an Irish man but because he was born on St. Patrick's Day. Yep, it's also this guy's birthday. Plus, how much fun would it be to scream "take me to church!" with your best buds so loud that you get kicked out of the bar?

2. "Galway Girl" by Ed Sheeran

Not going to lie, it took a lot of willpower to not list Ed Sheeran for all 10 songs on this list. There's just something so Irish about Sheeran - his hair, his music, even his drinking habits. He drinks a lot. This is the most Irish song ever, sung by an English man. He's Irish in our eyes though.

3. "Beautiful Day" by U2

You've got to have some U2 on this list! They're our favorite Irish rockers. Oh yeah, it's a beautiful day... to take four green-colored tequila shots and black out while wearing a neon green tutu and binge-eating chocolate gold coins. Make Bono proud.

4. "I'm Shipping Up To Boston" by The Dropkick Murphys

The Dropkick Murphys are actually a Boston-based band, and, if you couldn't tell from the title, this song is about Boston. However this punk band makes almost an entire living off of playing St. Patty's Day shows with their Irish sound, made with instruments like the banjo, harmonica, bodhran, bouzouki, and tin whistle, amongst others. Jam to this one when you're in your energetic drunk phase and do a little Irish jig with your pals.

5. "Drunken Lullabies" by Flogging Molly

I'll just leave this here.

6. "Dreams" by The Cranberries

On a much more serious note, this day would be a great opportunity to honor Irish band The Cranberries and their most beloved vocalist, Dolores O'Riordan, who recently passed away. "Dreams" is a fantastic song that manages to put everyone in a good mood. Listen to it with your friends, appreciate O'Riordan's insane voice, and make some damn good memories.

7. "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol

Celebrate all things Irish without including these Irish-Scottish rockers? Pft, I think not! If you don't drunk cry to this song at least once this weekend, you didn't do it right.

8. "Drunk" by Ed Sheeran

Come on, a song literally called "Drunk" by Ed Sheeran himself? How can you not...

9. "Drunken Sailor" by Irish Rovers

Again, a total Irish classic! A must have! YOU are the drunken sailor tonight. Time to shine.

10. "Tipsy" by Brokencyde

St. Patty's Day is honestly just one of those holidays... Turn up to this horrifyingly hilarious song about getting tipsy when you hit the club. I mean, they're not lying. That's what you'll be doing.
    Hot Baeble Videos
    Kimbra live at Baeble HQ

Kimbra live at Baeble HQ

Space for Two

Space for Two

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Live It Up

Live It Up

Vance Joy live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Vance Joy live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

City of the Sun live at Empire Garage

City of the Sun live at Empire Garage

Aurora live at Baeble HQ

Aurora live at Baeble HQ

All Night

All Night

On The Loose

On The Loose

Heaven

Heaven

© 2018 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.