We're not all lucky enough to be on top of the latest news in the music industry, and sometimes so much can happen in a single week that big news can get lost between the cracks. We're here to refresh your memories by reminding you of what happened this week in always quick, often snarky sentences.
1)The Strokes were far to exausted from constantly fighting with one another, so rather than giving us a shiny new music video for "All The Time," they gave us this
2) The Polyphonic Spree, aka Jonestown: The Musical took the stage at Hype Hotel in Austin this week and made everyone really, really, ridiculously happy
3) Lonely and confused
people all over Austin tried to find their soulmate via the "Casual Encounters" section of Craigslist, only to find a Chris Farley impersonator.
4) Charli xcx danced
crazy-like in extremely tall mondo creepers and rapped about some "husband and wife shit."
5) We dusted off our old porkpie hats
and skanked the night away like we did in '79 to The Specials and their groovy two tone vibe.
6) 311 officially celebrated the dumbest
holiday of all time next to Slapsgiving.
7) We pre-gamed
for St. Patrick's Day with Irish folk rockers Little Green Cars.
8) Neurowear introduced alien technology
to the concept of headphones and we're still not really sure what to make of it.
9) Justin Timberlake was feeling generous so he showed us some new things by streaming The 20/20 Experience
for all to behold.
10) The internet decided to collectively attempt an interpretation of T-Swift's lyrics
, only to find out that her songs make no literal sense.
11) Lauren Mayberry from CHVRCHES asked me to pick any color I liked in their performance
of "Recover" at Hype Hotel and we chose red because she makes our hearts all fluttery.
12) These pop-rock mash ups proved
why some relationships just don't work.
13) And we bit our tongue when The Hood Internet mashed up
Justin Timberlake and Daft Punk.