7 of the Greatest Snoop Dogg Moments in History
    • TUESDAY, MARCH 13, 2018

• Posted by: Elissa Fertig

The king of smooth is back at it again. In honor of the new Snoop Dogg album Bible of Love dropping Friday (if the the lead single "Come as You Are" is anything to go off of, we should be in for a good time), we have put together a short list here of the greatest Snoop Dogg moments of all time. Thank you, Snoop, for gracing us with an endless source of smooth as hell hip hop and also a line of specialized marijuana products. Snoop Dogg: the OG creator of the phrase "wanna come through and smoke?". To think how far he's come.

1. Releasing "Young, Wild & Free"

This song is a timeless summertime classic. I don't actually remember well when it was released in 2011 probably because I was way too young to be taking the advice that the lyrics give, but don't you worry - my summertime youth was still defined by rolling the windows down and blasting this song. Too bad we were speeding down the street of a very boring Midwestern suburb. Every kid born after 1990 remembers this song as the anthem of their summer break, and it will be forevermore. Snoop Dogg Never Dies.

2. Creating the company "Leafs by Snoop"

Because he doesn't have enough ridiculous things going on in his life, Snoop Dogg created the marijuana product company "Leafs by Snoop". With a full line of products including edibles like chocolate bars and fruit gummies, Snoop's website actually says "let's medicate, elevate, and put it in the air!" Amazing. You could even say it's lit. I'll stop now.

3. When he changed his name to Snoop Lion

After a visit to Jamaica in 2012, Snoop Dogg decided that reggae was his true calling and had a rasta priest dub him "Snoop Lion", where he subsequently released the reggae album Reincarnated (well named) in 2013. Several weeks later, he decided to start going by Snoopzilla for his project 7 Days of Funk with artist Dam Funk, and several months after that, Snoop Dogg came back around. You can't really just get rid of a name like that, and although sometimes when he DJs at clubs and parties, he goes by DJ Snoopadelic. Iconic.

4. Starring in a show with Martha Stewart

Yes. It's called "Potluck Dinner Party" and Martha has a whole page about it on her website. Watch Snoop and Martha make something for everyone, and for every holiday. They were even nominated for the MTV Music and Movie Awards. Watch Martha and Snoop make mashed potatoes below.

5. Being inducted into the WWE hall of fame

Snoop was briefly a guest host for the "Raw" World Wrestling Entertainment television show in 2009, and apparently his contributions to the show went past just hosting. In one fight, he even ended up performing a clothesline tackle on athlete Chavo Guerrero. He also served as the "Master of Ceremonies" in Wrestlemania XXIV in Orlando, which is basically admitting that he's a wizard who can lay down sick beats and also tackle professional wrestlers at the same time. He was inducted in the hall of fame in 2016.

6. Performing "Murder Was the Case" when he was in the middle of a murder investigation at the 1994 MTV Movie awards

The fact that Snoop was arrested as an accessory for murder back in 1993 was actually a significant setback in his career that people don't always remember today, but even then he wouldn't let the system take him down. He was acquitted in 1996 and cleared of all charges but in the midst of the trial he actually wrote and performed this song, which is a step past ballsy and into what my Jewish mother would call "chutzpah", if my Jewish mother knew who Snoop Dogg was, which she doesn't, and best to keep it that way.

7. Appearing on Family Feud

Going up against boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard, Snoop Dogg appeared on Family Feud and people were very excited about it. The episode features a stoned-looking Snoop giving completely random answers during the Fast Money round and, ironically, answering a question about marijuana incorrectly. See below.

We love you, Snoop.

Hot Baeble Videos
    Nick de la Hoyde live at Baeble HQ

Nick de la Hoyde live at Baeble HQ

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

In My Feelings

In My Feelings

Three White Horses

Three White Horses

ARIZONA live at Industry City

ARIZONA live at Industry City

"Pumped Up Kicks"

Material Lies

Material Lies

Need Your Love

Need Your Love

© 2018 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.