30 Songs We've Discovered Thanks To Apple Commercials
    • MONDAY, MARCH 12, 2018

• Posted by: Piera Lolandes

Apple has come a long way over the years. The company, co-founded by the late Steve Jobs, has become one of the biggest companies in the world - almost everyone and their mothers own some sort of Apple device. But I'm not here to sing Apple's praises for their devices and whatnot, I'm here to sing their praises for the amount of music we have now come to love thanks to their ads that feature tons of amazing songs.

Okay, maybe "sing their praises" is a bit too dramatic, but you have to give them credit for helping us discover some amazing tracks and artists over the years. Despite what's going on in the ad - from dancing cartoons to dancing FKA Twigs - the song selection has always been on point. But don't take my word for it, take a walk down memory lane with us as we have selected Apple's finest commercial moments. There are a lot.

THE PAST:

Let's start off with some of the very first Apple iPod commercials. You might have forgotten about them since they first aired years ago, early 2000's to be exact. The very colorful commercials featured the silhouette of someone dancing along to a song while holding on to the iPod. It quickly became the staple of the Apple iPod as anyone could recognize the commercials at first glance - basically iconic. If you really think about it, it makes sense for them to have great music to go along with their commercials for a product that allowed you to take hundreds of thousands of songs with you anywhere. Some of the following videos have songs featured by Daft Punk, Gorillaz, N.E.R.D and one of Apple's favorite bands, U2.

1. "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet

2. "Walkie Talkie Man" by Steriogram

3. "Jerk It Out" by Caesars

4. "Technologic" by Daft Punk

5. "Vertigo" by U2

6. "Feel Good Inc" by Gorillaz

7. "Rock Star" by N.E.R.D

At this point, Apple stepped up their commercial game while sticking to the consistent theme. Of course, the music selection only got better as well, as they featured bangers by The Ting Tings, The Fratellis, and Gorillaz once again.

8. "DARE" by Gorillaz

9. "Flatheads" by The Fratellis

10. "Love Train" by Wolfmother

11. "Shut Up and Let Me Go" by The Ting Tings

12. "Ride" by The Vines

13. "1234" by Feist

14. "Music Is My Hot, Hot Sex" by CSS

15. "White Room" by Cream

16. "Sunburn" by Muse

17. "No You Girls" by Franz Ferdinand

18. "Short Skirt / Long Jacket" by Cake

19. "Around The Bend" by The Asteroids Galaxy Tour

20. "Yeah Yeah" by Willy Moon

21. "Supremacy" by Muse

THE PRESENT/FUTURE:

Since then, Apple has turned iPods into iPhones, furthering their innovations to make their devices smaller and thinner on what seems like a daily basis. With that being said, their most recent commercials have tagged along for the ride. With the birth of their newest iPhones (it's plural because we all know that they release a new one as soon as you purchase what you think is the latest version) has also come the birth of their emojis which have been included in the commercials.

They now also have Apple Music, which is a direct competitor to Spotify, so now stepping up their music game is vital. It's pretty cool to see how some of the music seems to serve as direct inspiration for the ads, so thanks, Apple. Thanks for helping us discover new music while simultaneously trying to sell us all your latest products.

22. "D.Y.T. (Do Your Thing)" by NVDES & REMMI

23. "This Strange Effect" by The Shacks

24. "Line Of Sight" feat. WYNNE & Mansionair by ODESZA

25. "Go" by Louise The Child

26. "Best Friend" (Feat. Nervo, The Knocks and Alisa Ueno) by Sofi Tukker

27. "Redbone" by Childish Gambino

28. "Stir Fry" by Migos

29. "Down" by Marian Hill

30. "Til It's Over" by Anderson .Paak

Hot Baeble Videos
    Live It Up

Live It Up

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

The Wonder Years live at Baeble HQ

The Wonder Years live at Baeble HQ

God's Plan

God's Plan

Rubblebucket live at Stage 48

Rubblebucket live at Stage 48

Version of Me Ft. Dawn

Version of Me Ft. Dawn

Suckers live at The Bowery Ballroom

Suckers live at The Bowery Ballroom

Dangerous Woman Visual 1

Dangerous Woman Visual 1

Bad And Boujee ft Lil Uzi Vert

Bad And Boujee ft Lil Uzi Vert

Hannah Gill  live at Baeble HQ

Hannah Gill live at Baeble HQ

© 2018 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.