We're not all lucky enough to be on top of the latest news in the music industry, and sometimes so much can happen in a single week that big news can get lost between the cracks. We're here to refresh your memories by reminding you of what happened this week in always quick, often snarky sentences.
1. Someone tried to shoot Rick Ross, the world's largest target, and they missed!
2. Tame Impala made us feel like pre-pubescent boys in their "Mind Mischief" music video
3. The Thermals hopped aboard Saddle Creek Records and announced a new album.
4. The highly respectable Chris Brown
brawled out with Frank Ocean.
5. Wavves released a boring new song, and boring people
6. Pitchfork announced its lineup
, and we're all like, "WTF is up with these headliners, man?!"
7. After sort of announcing it twice, The Strokes officially announced their new album, Comedown Machine
8. Jamie Lidell dresses like Rick Astley
, and still manages to be awesome.
9. Beyonce shook shit up, and quieted critics with surprise "National Anthem."
10. Iron & Wine
jazz things up a bit.
11. Local Natives hit a soft spot with Hummingbird
12. Ellie Goulding looked MY-T-FYNE
13. Dave Grohl and his Sound City circus of old people announced they'd perform their "first and only ever New York show" at Hammerstein Ballroom on February 13th.