It's that time of year again! We've compiled ten of our favorite Christmas songs from the year, from artists like My Morning Jacket, F*cked Up, Julian Casablancas, Blitzen Trapper, and more. Cyndi Lauper and The Hives in a Christmas duel? An original song from Destiny's Child? The Flaming Lips singing something Christmas related, kind of? It's all in our 2011 Christmix. Pop on some holiday cheer.
Scroll Through The Player To Listen To All The Songs On the Mixtape
1. "I Wish It Was Christmas Today" - Julian Casablancas
Somehow we left this off last year's Christmix. Not making the same mistake twice.
2. "Do They Know It's Christmas?" - F*cked Up
3. "8 Days Of Christmas" - Destiny's Child
An oldie we're just discovering, but more than deserving of a Christmas highlight. Nothing says Christmas like Beyonce spitting about getting expensive shit from her boo.
4. "Christmas All Summer Long" - Deer Tick
Everybody needs at least one dirty guitar banger for Christmastime in their playbook.
5. "Christmas Is Coming Soon" - Blitzen Trapper
IT'S THE SLOW PRETTY PART!
6. "Santa Stole My Lady" - Fitz and The Tantrums
A funky Christmas ballad from our favorite throwback act.
7. "A Christmas Duel" - Cyndi Lauper and The Hives
Entirely inappropriate and totally awesome. Grandma will love it!
8. "Silent Knight" - The Janks
The Janks are kind of an aggressive alt-rock machine, so hearing them slow it down to harmonize a pretty rendition of this particular song is pretty neat.
9. "Christmas at the Zoo" - The Flaming Lips
No one can take something as simple and innocent as Christmas and make it sound like LSD better than The Flaming Lips.
10. "When The Bells Start Ringing" - My Morning Jacket
Jim James proved his family-friendly chops with MMJ's contribution to the Muppets soundtrack, but this is also a pretty good indicator of the band's versatility. The Head and The Heart guest star.
Bonus rerun from last year's mixtape
11. "Believe In Me" - fun.
My favorite original Christmas tune that was crafted in the past five years. Should become a classic.
Merry Christmas everybody!