MONDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2014 |
Posted by: Leanne Heidenberg
Whether you're a character that started decorating the moment you donned your first sweater of the year, or if you only just realized that you have to start scrounging up quarters for gifts because you spent most of your last paycheck on Chipotle and Yingling, we can no longer deny that the holiday season is in full swing. Despite where you may fall on the Grinch to Santa spectrum of holiday cheer, we got you covered with an indie song to get you into the yuletide state-of-mind.
1. For Those That Rock Santa Beards All Year Long:Dr. Dog-"Christmas Party"
2. For the Contemporary Christmas Lover:Summer Camp-"Last Christmas"
3. For the Cheerful Cosmopolitan: Guster "Mamacita, Donde Esta Santa Claus?"
4. For the Most Soulful During the Solstice: Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings- "Ain't No Chimneys in the Projects"
5. For the Jaded Christmas Participant (Ho Frickin Ho): Spirit Animal "Come to Christmas"
6. For That Guy That Wears Leather Pants to Christmas Dinner at Grandma's: Julian Casablancas-"I Wish It Was Christmas Today"
7. For the Scary Scrooges: Fangs-"All I want for Christmas is Halloween"
8. For the Nondenominational (All of Winter is a Holiday):Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah-"In This Home on Ice"
9. For the Animal Rights Activists (Don't Forget the Reindeer):Badly Drawn Boy-"Donna and Blitzen"
10. For the Extreme Christmas Enthsiast (Get Ready For 12 Days of Christmas Sweaters): Sufjan Stevens-"Come on! Let's Boogy to the Elf Dance"