11 Emo Love Songs
    • MONDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2016

• Posted by: Baeble Staff

Whether you believe in cuffing season or not, the simple fact is it's getting colder. Specifically, here in New York, it's gone from a 'lil chilly to freeze-your-damn-ass-off in a matter of a few days. Those are official meteorology terms, by the way... Anyways, it would probably be nice to have some shared body heat around this time of year. But alas, most of us are probably just going to be lonely and bitter, and the weather will now conveniently parallel the relative temperature of our hearts. Now you can have the music to go along with it, because we've taken the liberty of putting together some emo love songs for you. If you're a cynic like us, you're gonna need something to balance out the excessive joy of Christmas music. So spend some time wallowing in sadness. You're welcome.

1. Death Cab for Cutie - "I Will Follow You Into The Dark"

Yes, it's basically the ending to every bad independent movie. But it's really not that hopeful. Nothing is quite as emo as having your most famous love song revolve on death. So thank you, Death Cab for Cutie. You've helped to make our lonely cuffing season just a touch more morbid.

2. Bright Eyes - "First Day of My Life"

Don't be fooled by the majority of this song (and its music video) being sappy and cute. Anyone who's cynical and totally jaded will pick out the single, most important and emo line "maybe this time it's different / I mean I really think you like me." Yeah, Conor Oberst, odds are it's not going to last.

3. Bon Iver - "Skinny Love"

Pretty self-explanatory here. Justin Vernon has obviously spent some cuffing seasons alone, so he really gets us. It didn't last the year, just like all your New Year's resolutions, but go ahead and go through all the rituals for another disappointing year.

4. The Smiths - "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"

"And if a double-decker bus crashes into us / To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die." I mean, I'm pretty sure the second half of that lyric was on every single black and white-themed Tumblr page ever when Tumblr was a thing. It's morbid but also oh-so-romantic.

5. My Chemical Romance - "Demolition Lovers"

Wow, T-B-f*cking-T. This was the ultimate love song when I was like, 12. "Hand in mine, into your icy blues / And then I'd say to you we could take to the highway / With this trunk of ammunition too / I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets." It's so romantic, but I really shouldn't have been listening to that when I was 12.

6. Escape The Fate - "Ashley"

This is actually a very happy emo song. Do those even exist? Apparently they do, because this song is pretty much that. It's like a total pop chorus about a girl named Ashley set to pop/punk/hardcore music. I can get down with it.

7. The Killers - "Mr. Brightside"

This one's kind of like an indirect love song - Brandon Flowers is jealous of some other dude with his gal. Plus, The Killers were definitely considered to be a little emo when this song came out.

8. Sufjan Stevens - "To Be Alone With You"

Much like Bon Iver's "Skinny Love," Sufjan Steven's "To Be Alone With You" is a somber acoustic track with heavy, clingy lyrics. But the good kind of clingy.

9. Paramore - "The Only Exception"

Hayley Williams' innocent and sad vocals over the bright acoustic guitar is so, so perfect for cuffing season. Staying in bed with your ~lover~ while listening to this song is a great way to stay warm.

10. Jeff Buckley - "Lover, You Shouldve Come Over"

Were just going to try to fit this song onto as many lists as possible.

11. The Cure - "Lovesong"

This song perfectly embodies the two best things: emo music and love. "Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am whole again," Robert Smith croons tragically. This would make for the most cynical cuddle sesh ever.
    Hot Baeble Videos
    XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

Live It Up

Live It Up

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

Torture Me

Torture Me

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

Let Me Go ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, watt

Let Me Go ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, watt

Wolves ft. Marshmello

Wolves ft. Marshmello

The Way You Used To Do

The Way You Used To Do

Almost Home feat. Nadia Ali and IRO

Almost Home feat. Nadia Ali and IRO

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.