10 Times Music Superstars Shut Down Body-Shamers
    • WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 08, 2017

• Posted by: Maddie Brown

Britney Spears states it perfectly in her song "Piece of Me": "I'm Mrs. she's too big now she's too thin," commenting on how the media/tabloids constantly criticize bodies. It's a rampant issue in society, and most recently, artists including Mariah Carey and Kelly Clarkson have taken the brunt from mean cyber-users out there. Body shaming is never okay; it's cruel and horribly inappropriate. And certain celebrities have reacted to these comments in clever and empowering ways. Let's take a look at 10 times artists have given brilliant responses to body-shamers.

1. Ariana Grande

Ariana's main message here is to celebrate yourself, and not compare yourself to others. Embrace who you are. So, don't leave nasty tweets that minimize that message.

2. Selena Gomez

This kind of goes along with Ariana's message. And sometimes, displaying your unconditional self-love can shut down the haters.

I love being happy with me yall #theresmoretolove

A post shared by Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) on

3. Demi Lovato

What a witty response to a douchey douche. Yas Demi.

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga lays down the law here.

And here...

5. Kelly Clarkson

Here, Kelly responds to a tweet calling her, "fat." ...A little humor on Kelly's end goes a long way! Sometimes, you don't need a long-winded response to make your point. And Kelly's made it.

6. Miley Cyrus

Body-shaming is not cool. Sometimes, it's a projection of your own insecurities.

7. P!nk

Why do people feel the need to focus on such insignificant things? Is an unflattering dress really more important than a cancer benefit? You tell them, P!nk.

8. Zendaya

Zendaya lets us all know that we're all beautiful, and we're all winning. Body-shamers aren't winning, though.

9. Aaron Carter

Aaron has slammed body-shamers in the past. This tweet isn't directly or necessarily about that, but it's a strong response to dealing with rumors, haters, and bullies.

10. Rihanna

Even the beautiful Rihanna isn't immune to body-shamers. She responds to all of the haters with this brilliant meme.

A post shared by badgalriri (@badgalriri) on

Hot Baeble Videos
    XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Only Us

Only Us

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

Sue Me

Sue Me

Live It Up

Live It Up

Yesterdays Wake

Yesterdays Wake

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

Minus the Bear live at The Bowery Electric

Minus the Bear live at The Bowery Electric

Alt-J live at The Cutting Room

Alt-J live at The Cutting Room

The Veils live at The Bowery Ballroom

The Veils live at The Bowery Ballroom

© 2018 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.