As we all know the new season of Stranger Things
is out, and with it comes some bangin' tracks of the 70's & 80's. A show that not only has lovable characters, but a lovable soundtrack. If you haven't quite finished, or if you binged the whole season in one sitting (like everyone ever), this list will give no spoilers, but instead bring back those nostalgic memories. Here is why these tunes need to be on your regular listening schedule, not just for reminiscing, but daily life fulfillment!
1. Devo - "Whip It" (Episode 1)
The introductory track that gets the boys battling each other for top spot on their favorite arcade games. If they can get motivated by it, you sure can!
2. Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton - "Islands in the Stream" (Episode 2)
A true love duet, when Bob and Joyce are dancing in their living room. Worth recreating this scene and having a boogie with your significant other.
3. The Jetzons - "When the Sun Goes Down" (Episode 5)
Another arcade moment for the boys, this is definitely a song to listen to when strutting down the street or even when you're playing some serious Stacker.
4. Roy Orbison - "Blue Bayou" (Episode 6)
Can we ever get enough of Roy? Jonathan and Nancy sure can't, not with their chemistry! The natural rhythm of this tune is perfect to listen to when cooking dinner, with a nice glass of wine.
5. The Runaways - "Dead End Justice" (Episode 7)
With another mission looming for the kids, they need an anthem - one with powerful guitar and strong vocals, not even you can help but belt it out alone in your bedroom.
6. Metallica - "The Four Horsemen" (Episode 8)
Some heavy metal to throw into the mix, as Billy gets ready to face some trouble, you can head bang along and rid yourself of all that aggression.
7. The Clash - "Should I Stay or Should I Go" (Episode 8)
A treasure from the last season, this track gets you every time, a much loved favorite for any occasion.
8. Pat Benatar - "Love Is A Battlefield" (Episode 9)
For any girl out there who needs an anthem this is it! In typical 80's style this track is the tune before the events of the Snow Ball unfold.
9. Cyndi Lauper - "Time After Time" (Episode 9)
Another hit from an 80's goddess, this one is for getting the tears flowing but in a good cathartic way!
10. The Police - "Every Breath You Take" (Episode 9)
Although somewhat creepy, this is the final track of the season and with it comes the desperate acknowledgment that it's actually over.