7 New Holiday Albums To Get You In The Spirit
    • FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2016

• Posted by: Mandi Dudek

To all you holiday crazies who have been holding back the urge to deck out your house with cinnamon candles and Christmas lights as you blast your favorite holiday tunes: it's time. I know there are some of you out there who saw a leaf on the ground and beelined to get a Christmas tree, but I think most of us can agree that Thanksgiving officially marks the holidays. As we know how easy it is to grab the classic holiday albums like Louis Armstrong or the guilty pleasure ones like 'NSYNC, We can't forget about the incredible new releases that are sure to get you in the holiday spirit.

She & Him "Christmas Party"

Having already released one Christmas album in 2011, She & Him return with their second holiday record titled Christmas Party and its full of low-key renditions of holiday favorites. She & Him provides covers of staples like "Must Be Santa," "Winter Wonderland" and Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You." It's an album full of jazzy arrangements and Zooey Deschanel's enchanting, vintage-like vocals. Who ever thought the Chipmunk's "Christmas Don't Be Late" could sound like a lullaby ballad that takes you into a comatose state?

R. Kelly "12 Days Of Christmas"

Yes, R. Kelly the legendary R&B singer, has created a Christmas album and it isn't your typical family-friendly record to listen to while you decorate your tree. As you would imagine, it's made with love for all your baby-making needs. R. Kelly said of the project, "... it's going to be a lot of lovemaking. I come with that, bearing gifts." It full of festive tracks like "Home For Christmas," "It's Christmas Day" and there's actually a song called "Flyin' On My Sleigh" with the lyrics "I'm gonna fill your stocking with sweet things" and he definitely isn't talking about the type you hang above your fireplace. We wouldn't expect anything less from you, R. Kelly.

Leslie Odom Jr. "Simply Christmas"

The star of the hit musical Hamilton has a sweet spot for Christmas. The reason he started to sing was because of a special Christmas gift he received when he was young: a karaoke machine. This month, Leslie Odom Jr. released a holiday album called This Christmas and it's mostly classics like "First Noel" "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and a beautifully chilling cover of "Ave Maria." If you want to bundle up next to the fire while drinking hot chocolate, this is the album for you.

The Killers "Don't Waste Your Wishes"

For the last decade, The Killers have welcomed the holiday season by releasing a Christmas single, with proceeds going to support (RED)'s fight against AIDS. This year, the rock heartthrobs have released a charity album titled Dont Waste Your Wishes, available exclusively on iTunes and Apple Music. The album includes all ten singles from previous years as well as one new track and features a long list of celebrity collaborators such as Jimmy Kimmel, Elton John, and Dawes. You can purchase the digital album now and the physical album will be available via The Killer's website starting on December 9th, with all proceeds going the (RED).

Pentatonix "A Pentatonix Christmas"

Over the past few years, this a capella group from Arlington, Texas has harmonized their way into platinum-selling, Grammy-awarded success and they're known for taking a catchy pop song and making it their own. Pentatonix
    released their first Christmas album Thats Christmas To Me last year and this year, they're bringing you a new batch of holiday favorites in A Pentatonix Christmas. When you hear these songs, it's hard to believe they're an all-vocal arrangement complete with vocal bass lines, percussive beat boxing and vocal harmonies. They add a doo-wop feel to the classic "I'll Be Home For Christmas" and their cover of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah gives the haunting track a fresh, celebratory spin (but will still bring you to tears).

Kasey Musgraves "A Very Kasey Christmas"

Country sweetheart, Kasey Musgraves, is known for her quirky personality, angelic vocals and being a fourth-time Grammy nominee. Kasey Musgraves chose a different route for her Christmas album by gathering an ensemble of musicians and singers including Leon Bridges and Willie Nelson. The record includes both classics like "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" and original tracks like "Present With A Bow."

Jordan Smith "Tis The Season"

The 22-year-old Voice winner, Jordan Smith, has released his first-ever holiday album called Tis The Season. The Christian gospel singer has put his own soulful twist on holiday classics like "Silent Night," "O Holy Night and "Rockin Around The Christmas Tree." Along with the release of Tis The Season, he will be joining Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith on their annual holiday tour. The tour will be backed by a full symphony at each performance and ends on December 18th in Baltimore.

Hot Baeble Videos
    Twain live at Baeble HQ

Twain live at Baeble HQ

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Computer Games  live at Baeble HQ

Computer Games live at Baeble HQ

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

Live It Up

Live It Up

Marian Hill live at Baeble HQ

Marian Hill live at Baeble HQ

End

End

Out Of My Head

Out Of My Head

Thrice live at M Studio

Thrice live at M Studio

Perry Farrell & Satellite Party live at The Artist's Lounge

Perry Farrell & Satellite Party live at The Artist's Lounge

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.