11 of Celebrities' Strangest Thanksgiving Stories
    • WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2017

• Posted by: Rachael Morrow

Thanksgiving is just around the corner! That means a lot of cooking, a lot of eating, and lot of family arguing. To make things a little easier we have compiled a list of some of the most awkward/terrifying/strangely funny celebrity thanksgiving stories. Let's take some joy in knowing it's not just us who have horrible holidays -- famous people have them too!

1. Sarah Silverman

"When I was 9 or 10 years old, my dad took me over to a neighboring farm to help get stuff for the meal. The farmer, Vic, told me to look at all the turkeys and pick one out. I saw a cute one with a silly walk and cried, 'Him!' Before my pointing finger had even dropped to my side, Vic had grabbed the turkey by the neck and slit its throat. Blood and feathers went flying. I had sentenced that turkey to death! Up until then, I didn't know where meat came from—and I've been a vegetarian ever since."

2. Ed Sheeran

"I finished in the studio and I called up my friend. He was like, 'I'm at Jen's (Jennifer Aniston) house and we're just having a chill hang so I was like, 'OK.' Then I turned up…and they're having a proper Thanksgiving meal and I'm there, and I think I was wearing my board shorts or something. It was fun."

3. David Letterman

"When I was a kid in Indiana, we thought it would be fun to get a turkey a year ahead of time and feed it and so on for the following Thanksgiving. But by the time Thanksgiving came around, we sort of thought of the turkey as a pet, so we ate the dog. Only kidding. It was the cat."

4. Chrissy Teigen

"Screw turkey. Turkey sucks. Turkey is gross! I do two whole roasted chickens because chicken is so much better and you can still get a great gravy out of it. I just really feel like people feel like they're forced to eat turkey, and nobody really enjoys it. Surprise everyone. Serve them chicken, and they'll be much happier."

5. Kevin James

"Thanksgiving man, not a good day to be my pants."

6. Stephen Colbert

"Thanksgiving is a magical time of year when families across the country join together to raise America's obesity statistics. Personally, I love Thanksgiving traditions: watching football, making pumpkin pie, and saying the magic phrase that sends your aunt storming out of the dining room to sit in her car."

7. Retta (Marietta Sirleaf)

"One year a cousin brought some random dude. They were so late, we were starving by the time we finally sat down to eat. The random dude insisted on saying grace. He prayed for about 7 minutes and then proceeded to eat the entire tray of Red Snapper. Ever since then, my mom prepares two red snappers so my dad isn't forced to choke someone out at Thanksgiving."

8. Guy Fieri

"Before it was popular, I attempted to deep fry a turkey in oil in the backyard. I miscalculated the turkey to oil ratio and ended up making a small fireball!"

9. Andrew Zimmern

"I made molasses cakes and grabbed a jar from the cupboard. I was nursing a cold and couldn't smell the homemade fish sauce caramel I had grabbed by accident. Boy, were they awful."

10. Sarah Jessica Parker

"I was so scared. I had never cooked a turkey in my life and I was really, really young and I remember having a dream the night before that I had only cooked a carcass. I pulled it out, revealed it, and it was a carcass."

11. Jesse Eisenberg

"We buy turkeys and then we put the pictures of the turkeys on the table. Kind of like a ‘you've saved Maple and you've saved Todd.' And then my sister proceeds to read for about an hour what it's like to be a Turkey in a cage before slaughter."

Hot Baeble Videos
    Magic Giant live at Baeble HQ

Magic Giant live at Baeble HQ

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Live It Up

Live It Up

Hanson live at Baeble HQ

Hanson live at Baeble HQ

Catch Me Outside

Catch Me Outside

Sebastien Grainger live at Radio Room

Sebastien Grainger live at Radio Room

Porcelain Raft live at Pier 2 - Brooklyn Bridge Park

Porcelain Raft live at Pier 2 - Brooklyn Bridge Park

Charli XCX live at Hype Hotel

Charli XCX live at Hype Hotel

Beach Fossils live at Hype Hotel

Beach Fossils live at Hype Hotel

The Rosewood Thieves live at Pianos

The Rosewood Thieves live at Pianos

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.