11 Songs to Listen to When They Don't Love You Back
    • TUESDAY, OCTOBER 09, 2018

• Posted by: Nell Snow

Unrequited love has been the universal, tragic romantic trope since humans first learned to translate their emotions into words. Hell, Shakespeare barely shut up about it long enough to have a couple of teenagers kill themselves over overly requited love. Songs have been written about it, movies have been made with unrealistically happy endings to satisfy all the people that aren't going to have happy ending in their own story. People fall in love with their best friend, or with someone who doesn't even know they exist. Some girls get tongue-tied talking to the boy next door, and some people stay dreaming about their ex long after they've been forgotten.
    So, I'm sure at any given time, there's a few Baeble readers that feel like they'll never be loved back. But the unfortunate thing about this emotion being so common is that no one really seems to feel bad for you. So sometimes, you just need to pop in your headphones and feel bad for yourself for a little bit. If that's the case, we've got you covered.

Liability- Lorde

Lorde named her album very appropriately- this song is melodramatic like nothing else. But Lorde manages to make you feel a little less lonely when you feel like you're impossible to love.

Ocean Eyes- Billie Eilish

Billie's my bitch whenever I'm feeling down.

I Fall in Love Too Easily- GRiZ

Because sometimes you're very aware of your own nature. Doesn't mean that helps you control it any though.

Just A Memory- Odesza

For when they've stopped fighting for you, but you can't stop.

Better Now- Post Malone

Postie's got all those emotions too. He's still in love with an ex and he's gonna help you through it.

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems (ft. Stevie Nicks)- Lana Del Rey

You're a beautiful person. You've got beautiful problems. And Lana Del Rey and Stevie Nicks have beautiful voices that transcend time and touch your heart.

Stay (ft. Yaarrohs)- Dimond Saints

This song is dreamy, and beautiful, and about unrequited love. Because really, there's enough to go around. It's harder to find a song that's not about unrequited love, to be honest.

Crave You- Flight Facilities, Giselle

For when you could have anybody, but you don't want just anybody. Sometimes that cruel irony stings like nothing else.

Sugar High- Alison Wonderland

Alison Wonderland gives us yet another entry for this very fun list of all the ways that the people we fall for can hurt us. Watching someone pull a one-eighty on you can be baffling and confusing and hurtful. And we can be left on our ass wondering why, like Alison.

New Rules- Dua Lipa

Sometimes just because someone doesn't love you doesn't mean that they won't keep asking you over. In those cases, take Dua's advice and set some boundaries. It's not worth hurting yourself over and over. And over… And over.

Embracing Me- SAFIA

For when they just refuse to see love when it's right in front of their face. With an electronic beat to pick you up off the floor.

Now, if you've been paying attention, I'm sure you've noticed. But I've done something a bit sneaky with these songs- they get more and more upbeat as the playlist continues. So if you listened to the whole thing, hopefully you're feeling a bit better now. Pull yourself up, and remember that you're feeling this way with the rest of humanity at your side.

Hot Baeble Videos
    Nick de la Hoyde live at Baeble HQ

Nick de la Hoyde live at Baeble HQ

Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger

Baeble Music live at Baeble HQ

Baeble Music live at Baeble HQ

Dirty Blond

Dirty Blond

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

Vultures

Vultures

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

Live It Up

Live It Up

Wildin

Wildin

Mumford and Sons live at Music Hall of Williamsburg

Mumford and Sons live at Music Hall of Williamsburg

© 2018 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.