10 Genuine Halloween Jamz for Tonight's Playlist
    • TUESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2017

• Posted by: Annie Brinich

It may be a Tuesday, but it's still Halloween. And on Halloween, we party. And when we party, we break out our "Thriller" dance moves because we're dorks. If you're looking for a dance playlist for your Halloween party, or for a playlist to listen to while you attempt to appease the children of your neighborhood with fun-sized candy bars so they don't put flaming bags of poop on your doorstep, we're here for you.

1. "Psycho Killer" - the Talking Heads

If the bass line to this song sounds familiar, it's because Selena Gomez used it in her song "Bad Liar", which she released this year. Who is the Psycho Killer in question? Rumor has it the Talking Heads were imagining a Hannibal Lecter-type character when they wrote the song. No idea who Selena Gomez was thinking of...

2. "Werewolves of London" - Warren Zevon

This is a dumb song but I love it. Don't judge me. You get to "Awooooooo!" in the middle of it. How many songs can you "Awoooo" to? Not many.

3. "Raise Hell" - Brandi Carlile

Delivering a rocking country jam about revenge, Brandi Carlile should always make it onto your Halloween playlist. How else will you get inspired to cause trouble tonight?

4. "Ain't No Grave" - Johnny Cash

Johnny Cash has a spooky voice, and he knew it. Though many of his songs are about hellfire, death, damnation, and the afterlife, this one is the most directly about zombies.

5. "Alive (Nightmare)" - Kid Cudi

You forgot about this song, didn't you? Well, like the undead rising from their graves, this late-aughts banger is back, dug up from one of my old workout playlists. You're welcome.

6. "Scarecrow" - Beck

Writing a compilation of Beck's greatest songs from his many, many albums the other week reminded me of this sinister little tune. It's not a pick-me-up, so maybe play it closer to the beginning of the night.

7. "They are Night Zombies!!" - Sufjan Stevens

Yeah, that high-pitched chorus does it. This song (the full name of which is "They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh!") gives me the genuine creep-outs.

8. "The World is Falling Apart" - Mirah

Sometimes reality is the scariest thing. This super sinister tune from Mirah's upcoming album is a reminder that we're all doomed to die really soon, in a really boring way.

9. "Monster" - Kanye West (feat. Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross, Jay-Z, and Bon Iver)

So the music video looks like it was shot by a drunken toddler, and Jay-Z's verse is cringingly bad, but god Nicki Minaj is absolutely legendary on her featured verse. Just fast forward until her turn. That's what I always do.

10. "Thriller" - Michael Jackson

I had to.
    Hot Baeble Videos
    Close To Me ft Diplo and Swae Lee

Close To Me ft Diplo and Swae Lee

Falling

Falling

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

Drip Too Hard ft Gunna

Drip Too Hard ft Gunna

Live It Up

Live It Up

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

Movement

Movement

BonBon

BonBon

Polaroid ft Liam Payne and Lennon Stella

Polaroid ft Liam Payne and Lennon Stella

© 2018 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.