10 Songs to Listen to When You Need a Good Cry
    • TUESDAY, OCTOBER 03, 2017

• Posted by: Annie Brinich

Hey guys. It's Tuesday. It's Tuesday, and it's already one of the worst weeks in recent memory. Over 50 people were killed by a gunman at a music festival in Las Vegas. Puerto Rico is struggling to get by after being devastated by a hurricane. Tom Petty died. There's a lot to feel bad about. And if you're like me, you might be feeling the urge to punch your couch pillows really hard, buy a plane ticket somewhere, and/or leave your congressman a voicemail laced with profanities.

And I'm not saying you shouldn't do that (or that I won't do that). I'm just saying that I should probably give myself a second, have a good cry, and then take a deep breath. So here are some songs to help me (and you, should you so choose) do that.

1. "Angel Dream (No. 2)" - Tom Petty

You remembered to buy Kleenex right? We're gonna need some Kleenex. We lost a legend yesterday.

2. "Dynamite (Acoustic)" - Sigrid

Sigrid is a relatively new musician, but I very much identify with her lyrics, especially the ones for "Dynamite" which sound like they deal with feeling out of place.

3. "One Too Many Mornings" - Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash

You better believe Bob Dylan wrote a song about waking up and feeling shitty. Add Johnny Cash's deep vocals and you've got a song to cry over your beer with.

4. "Yesterday Was Hard on All of Us" - Fink

If you haven't heard Fink's thoughtful acoustic sound, but you've really enjoyed crying into your pillows over the National for the past few years, here's your new jam.

5. "My Own" - Whitaker

True story: this song somehow ended up on my running playlist a few years ago and I accidentally listened to it after a particularly hard day. And that's the story of how I started sobbing during a casual weekday workout.

6. "All Wash Out" - Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros

I don't really know what this song is about, but it's a good one to take a few deep breaths during. I think it's about trying to console people who are very, very sad. I'll take it.

7. "3:16" - Jhene Aiko

Jhene Aiko knows how to write a sad song, and this is the saddest. In her other songs about heartbreak or confusion, she's at least a little angry. In this one, she's just devastated.

8. "All We Do" - Oh Wonder

Being a human is hard. Oh Wonder recognizes this, and asks: how do we make it easier for each other?

9. (I'm Gonna Start) Living Again If It Kills Me - Hayes Carll

Hayes Carli reflects on how miserable he is, but how necessary it is to move on.

10. Rise Up - Andra Day

This isn't a bummer song, but I want to leave on a high note. Make sure you listen to this one last.
    Hot Baeble Videos
    Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros live at World Cafe Live

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros live at World Cafe Live

Girls Like You Ft. Cardi B

Girls Like You Ft. Cardi B

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Self-Made

Self-Made

Sue Me

Sue Me

Sigrid live at Baeble HQ

Sigrid live at Baeble HQ

Love It If We Made It

Love It If We Made It

Sexy Song

Sexy Song

© 2018 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.