5 Stranger Things Moments To Get You Hyped
    • FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2017

• Posted by: Maddie Brown

*Spoiler Alert*

It's the Friday before Halloween, and things are getting strange. Netflix has decided to make things even stranger by releasing Season 2 of Stranger Things, and we know you're all going to be binge-watching it tonight, if you haven't started already. The sci-fi horror show brings you on the craziest ride full of ominous twists and eccentric 80s vibes. If you're a die-hard fan (like us), you've totally been preparing yourself for Season 2 in every way possible -- and that includes hyping up the soundtrack. The music of Season 1 did a pretty damn good job of informing the story and moving us through an insane and emotionally taxing rollercoaster. So, let's take a look back at some masterful musical moments from Season 1.

1. The Theme Song, Composed by Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein

Even just listening to this theme song has me on the edge of my seat. The thumping pulse foreshadows each episode's eeriness and sets up the suspense so well. You'll be all ready (or will you?) to head to The Upside Down.

2. "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" by The Clash

This song by The Clash brings a whole different context that heightens the drama each time it plays. It doesn't feel too freaky when we see Jonathan first play the song for Will, and they have a total sibling bonding moment over it. But then it really takes off. Will sings it in hopes to comfort himself as he lies outside shivering and just, totally screwed at this point (poor Will!). And of course we can't forget the moment when the distraught Joyce steps into her son's bedroom and some, uh, strange things happen.

3. "When it's Cold I'd Like to Die" - Moby

Okay, Joyce is just the bravest mother ever and this scene totally had me sobbing and trembling. No exaggeration. This song suits this defining moment of the show so perfectly. It's powerful and poignant. It interweaves some heart-breaking flashbacks from Hopper's past, as mommy tries to save Will. Shook.

4. "I Melt With You" - Modern English

Barb is probably my favorite character of the show. Come on, who's with me!? Nancy, Barb, Steve, and that other douchey couple all have a late-night pool party when this song plays. The song creates a casual vibe and adds to the leisureliness of just a bunch of teenagers being bad-asses and chugging beer. But we still see and sense that something bad's going to happen...No, Barb, no!

5. "White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

Go Eleven, go! A starved Eleven consumes some ice-cream before the scene takes a sudden turn. The psychedelic rock hit matches the pace of this action-packed scene perfectly. I feel totally anxiety-ridden as I watch things unfold! There's a slightly dizzying quality of the song that just adds to the bizarreness of it all.

Hot Baeble Videos
    exclusive interview

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

No Matter What

No Matter What

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Bears Den live at Baeble HQ

Bears Den live at Baeble HQ

Happier ft Bastille

Happier ft Bastille

when the party's over

when the party's over

Harlem Shakes live at Watch Entertainment's Showcase

Harlem Shakes live at Watch Entertainment's Showcase

American Screams

American Screams

© 2018 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.