9 Mario Songs To Remind You How Amazing He Is
    • WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2016

• Posted by: Mandi Dudek

Our next Bands + Brews is coming up on Friday with R&B singer, Mario, to celebrate the release of his new album, Paradise Cove, and there's been talk that this could be his best album yet.

Over the past 15 years, Mario's songs might've played a part in your life at one point or another. Whether he helped pick up the pieces of your broken heart or gave you the push you needed during your awkward teenage phase to ask a girl to slow dance in middle school. Mario has given us countless love songs and years of hits featuring memorable artists such as Juvenile, Gucci Mane, Cassidy and more. So in honor of Bands + Brews, we're bringing you our top nine throwbacks from R&B heartthrob, Mario.

"Break Up (feat. Gucci Mane, Sean Garrett)"
    Who would want to break-up with Mario after listening to this pleading, bass-heavy track? Mario makes a pretty strong argument why his lady shouldn't break-up with him by saying he'll change his ways and love her right. But don't count on Gucci Mane to romance a woman back to him with lines like, "On to the next one / more fish in the sea. Girls are like buses / Miss one next fifteen one comin'." Why don't you leave the persuading to Mario, Gucci.

"How Do I Breathe"
    Oh, poor Mario - always mending his broken heart. I bet many tears were shed in 2007 whenever this song came on the radio. It perfectly represents the sound of Mario's start to his career while his smooth vocals could win over any girl's heart.

"Music For Love"
    Here's another hit from Marios 2007 album, Go, and this one sounds a little Usher-esque. When there's a hook like, "Shawty don't be scared, just let the bass line hit you / boom boom / All up in your system 'cause babygirl / This is the music for love", how could you resist this romance?

"Kryptonite (feat. Rich Boy)"
    An odd harmonious collaboration of Mario's falsetto with Rich Boys country holler and it works so well. He just wants to be superman, ladies. Why you gotta make him so weak?

"Braid My Hair"
    From Mario's debut self-titled album from 2002, Braid My Hair is full of young Mario's falsetto and a chorus that you can't help but sing along to. I may or may not have slow danced to this song at a middle school dance. Thanks for the memories, Mario.

"How Could You"
    It's very clear that the early 2000s were spent with a broken heart for Mario but luckily, he wrote some damn good love songs with that achy soul. Whoever he wrote this song about made a pretty big mistake leaving this lover for another man.

"Crying Out For Me
    Mario fully displays his sensitivity and compassion on this track by playing the Superman role again. He just wants to save all the ladies from the bad men by showing how sweet he is. What a guy.

"Just a Friend"
    A loose cover of Biz Markie's "Just a Friend" and whenever I hear this song, it immediately brings me back to 2002. It has a little P.Diddy/Bad Boys-vibe and I dare you to listen to it without shouting every word. It's one of those songs that you'll never forget the words to.

"Let Me Love You"
    We're saving the best for last because it's such a gem and it was the song that allowed Mario's career to take off. It was the first single released prior to the release of his second album, Turning Point in 2004 - and the one that has stuck with us for the past 14 years. It's a classic.

Hot Baeble Videos
    Sofi Tukker live at Baeble HQ

Sofi Tukker live at Baeble HQ

ROZES live at Baeble HQ

ROZES live at Baeble HQ

Robert Randolph and the Family Band  live at Baeble HQ

Robert Randolph and the Family Band live at Baeble HQ

Circa Survive  live at Baeble HQ

Circa Survive live at Baeble HQ

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

The Aces live at Baeble HQ

The Aces live at Baeble HQ

Overcoats live at Industry City

Overcoats live at Industry City

Romes live at Baeble HQ

Romes live at Baeble HQ

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

Siamese Twin

Siamese Twin

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.