10 Songs That Will Cheer You Up
    • TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2016

• Posted by: Kirsten Spruch

With the weather getting cooler and the sky getting darker, it's pretty normal for people to feel off during this time of year. Or maybe you love the temperature change, but you've just had a rough day. You've spilt coffee on your favorite shirt first thing in the morning, creepy men had no problem with staring at you on the subway, and Donna from the office just rolled her eyes at you AGAIN... Seriously, what's that woman's dish?

Anyway, we get it. It's totally normal to have an off day, and to bring you out of that funk, we've picked ten songs that will instantly perk you up. Trust us.

1. "Good Together" by HONNE

This song is so romantic as the singer, Andrew Clutterbuck, sings "'Cause I would go the distance for you, baby / I'd travel 'round the world if you would let me / I'll meet you where the sun it always shines / You're on my mind, all the time." How could you not feel absolutely amazing when someone sings that to you? The lyrics are so positive and reassuring, it's all you need.

2. "Shine On" by The Kooks

Pretty sure any song off of The Kooks' Konk will cheer you up. Luke Pritchard's naturally lighthearted voice and lyrics about a beautiful girl will undoubtedly add a little bit of brightness to your day.

3. "September" by Earth, Wind & Fire

I will try to include this song on as many lists as I possibly can. It's awesome and fit for so many different situations. And honestly, c'mon, tell me that your ears don't perk up immediately when you hear this.

4. "24K Magic" by Bruno Mars

IT'S JUST AS UPLIFTING AS "UPTOWN FUNK," EXCEPT THIS SONG IS ACTUALLY BY BRUNO MARS.

5. "Higher" by Carly Rae Jepsen

Carly Rae Jepsen writes two types of songs: Tear-jerking heart break songs and euphoric dance anthems about falling in love. "Higher" is the latter.

6. "Up We Go" by Lights

This song is all about feeling low but then realizing that you are one strong, bad ass person who deserves nothing but the best!

7. "Nothing's Real" by Shura

Shura recently told us in an interview (out soon) that this song is about a time when she ended up in the hospital after having an anxiety attack. The doctors did a bunch of tests on her and found that there was nothing wrong. The phrase "nothing's real" means that even though she felt like she was dying, she wasn't. Isn't that uplifting?

8. "Silly Me" by Yeasayer

Lyrically, Yeasayer is kind of getting down on themselves, but they're doing it in a lighthearted way by using the main lyric "silly me" and pairing it with fun music. It will strangely make you feel like you're on top of the world.

9. "You Make My Dreams Come True" by Hall & Oates

Throwing another mighty classic in here for good measure. Start your day with this and you are bound to have the greatest day of your life.

10. "Life Itself" by Glass Animals

"She said I look fat but I look fantastic," the singer says right before diving into the most epic, feel-good hook ever. Self-love all around.
    Hot Baeble Videos
    ROZES live at Baeble HQ

ROZES live at Baeble HQ

Sofi Tukker live at Baeble HQ

Sofi Tukker live at Baeble HQ

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Robert Randolph and the Family Band  live at Baeble HQ

Robert Randolph and the Family Band live at Baeble HQ

Circa Survive  live at Baeble HQ

Circa Survive live at Baeble HQ

The Aces live at Baeble HQ

The Aces live at Baeble HQ

Live It Up

Live It Up

Romes live at Baeble HQ

Romes live at Baeble HQ

Overcoats live at Industry City

Overcoats live at Industry City

Perry Farrell & Satellite Party live at The Artist's Lounge

Perry Farrell & Satellite Party live at The Artist's Lounge

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.