WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2017 |
Posted by: Jack Labbe
Kellyanne Conway recently reminded the American public about the importance of alternative facts. These rare conclusions are nearly infinite in number and are all around you! Not everyone can see them though, think of facts like an iceberg. Conventional, straight ahead facts are just the tip of the iceberg, this portion of the iceberg is often referred to as "reality," whereas the underside where all of the alternative facts lie, this part is referred to as "delusion." It takes a very special eye and a mindset to be able to whip these alt-facts out at any given time. The "delusion" is not easily accessible realm and can take years of practice and self discipline to tap into. On the campaign trail, Conway proved that she was a master in this art, alongside White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer and other alt-fact scholars who inhabit President Trump's cabinet.
I've become obsessed with crossing over to the other side; the practice of seeing alternative facts may be the new yoga! I'm still a pupil, but I've learned a lot recently. For example: Did you know that former-President Barack Obama was born in Kenya? This is one of the most commonly tapped into alt-facts, and if you look past "reality" then this makes complete sense. There's no telling how many alternative facts there are out there so instead of just listing off random ones, let's focus on one topic. I'll share 15 of my favorite alternative facts about my other favorite alternative: alternative rock.
1. Hoobastank was originally named Hoobastink, after lead singer Chad Hoobastink. But after his tragic death, the band decided to honor him by keeping the name, changing it only to make it past tense.
2. Three Days Grace was formed by the Russian government to infiltrate American music markets. None of band members speak english, and they have absolutely no clue what they're singing about.
3. Creed's famous song "With Arms Wide Open" was written after lead singer Scott Stapp first attempted sky diving. He made the mistake of leaving his arms by his side, which his skydiving instructor corrected by telling him to do it "with arms wide open."
4. The original lyric to "Californication" by Red Hot Chili Peppers was "And if you want these kind of dreams / It's an Alaskan Education." The song was originally about Anthony Kiedis coming of age in the Alaskan school system.
5. Puddle Of Mudd still doesn't know that mud only has one D in it.
6. Rivers Cuomo of Weezer was at Buddy Holly's final concert and maintains that it wasn't that great of a show.
7. All of Yellowcard's songs are secretly about soccer.
8. Every secret in the "Dirty Little Secret" video is about one of the members of All-American Rejects.
9. 3 Doors Down were Donald Trump's first pick for his inauguration concert.
10. Adam Levine was a founding member of Breaking Benjamin. He left the band when they refused to change the name to Breaking Levine.
11. Boys Like Girls' song, "The Great Escape" was written while lead singer Martin Johnson was serving 40 to life in Federal prison for a triple homicide.
12. Gerard Way, lead singer of My Chemical Romance, had to quit the band because no matter how much he sang about his fear of teenagers, they kept showing up to his shows.
13. Vampire Weekend have a new album on the way.
14. Tom Yorke's favorite song is "Creep."
15. Jack White and Meg White of The White Stripes are brother and sister.