20 Songs To Listen To When You Are Dating a Cheater
    • MONDAY, JANUARY 23, 2017

• Posted by: Kirsten Spruch

So, you're currently in a relationship but your intuition is telling you that your significant other might be committing some dirty crimes behind your back. Or maybe, you've just confirmed that that's true and now ya'll are broken up. OR, you've been through all of that, and now you're stronger and classier than ever before. Whatever your specific sitch might be, we've got the song for you. We're sorry you had to go through that horrific situation, but now you can indulge in something amazing: music. All kinds of music. Deeply sad, dramatic music that you can cry to and self-empowering music that you can dance to with other (and better) guys. Or just yourself. Because you are most certainly enough and AMAZING.

(Side note: I'm considering opening up my own love advice column after this because damn, I'm wise AF. Feel free to send your anonymous letters, peeps.)

1. The 1975 - "Somebody Else"

This is probably the song that started playing in your head right when you first found out. That low, stomach-churning synth and Matthew Healy softly singing in your ear, "So I heard you found somebody else..." Yeah. This is the stage of sadness and emptiness.

2. Taylor Swift - "I Knew You Were Trouble"

This track is for you if you were dating a "bad boy" and you were secretly suspecting him to hurt you by doing something "bad boy"-ish, like cheating. You knew what was happening all along, but his edgy mystique was just too damn enticing...

3. Adele - "Send My Love (To Your New Lover)"

This is for when you're feelin' like a classy independent adult because you ARE a classy independent adult. Unlike your ex, you rock. You are better than that. Oh, he found another lady? Fine. That's cool. We sure hope she's cool. We hope she gets treated better! (You can also pretty much take any other song out of Adele's discography during this troubling time if need be).

4. LOLO - "Heard It From A Friend"

This might be one of the top best songs about cheating, because it is so utterly about straight-up cheating. It's feisty and so lyrically detailed, it feels like LOLO is telling you the story for the first time as your BFF. And she tells it how it is: cheaters never get away with cheating! "Yeah, I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend / So when you gonna tell me you fucked me over?" YAS, LOLO. YAS. CONFRONTATION.

5. Justin Timberlake - "What Goes Around Comes Around"

You can cheat but it will always come right back and bite you in the behind! JT delivering the CLASSICS. #YouPlayedYourself.

6. Marvin Gaye - "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"

Similar to LOLO's "Heard It From a Friend," someone will always catch you in your dirty little act and spoil your dirty little secrets, my friend! Ya nasty!

7. BANKS - "Mind Games"

This one isn't directly about cheating, but cheaters like to play mind games, which is what BANKS addresses here. "The way you say you love me like you've just been reprimanded / Cause I know you like mind games." Like, gross, don't spin this on BANKS, Mr. Manipulator. She ain't the crazy one.

8. Bjork - "Lionsong"

This one hits extra hard, knowing that it's about Bjork and her husband. "Lionsong" explores the period right before the breakup, when your intuition tells you it's about to happen.

9. Carly Rae Jepsen - "Cry"

Hey, here's another one about loving an emotionally-inept person. Yeah maybe this dude's cute but he gives you that bad feeling. Everything with him is ambiguous. You want him to show you some emotion? He won't. He is elusive. Don't try to change him or "fix" him. He will not cry for you. And then that will cause you to cry. It's all one big, vicious cycle. Don't let him catch you in his web with vague lies!!!

10. Florence + The Machine - "What Kind of Man"

The lyrics say it all: "WHAT KIND OF MAN LOVES LIKE THIS?"

11. HANA - "Avalanche"

This song is for when you start to get over it. You Instagram that hot selfie! You get that guy's number! You flaunt that cute-as-hell crop top that looks like a hundred bucks although you got it on sale for twenty! Yup, in addition to having a good sense of style, you are also a smart shopper. You essentially have it all. You are a strong, independent woman. You are an avalanche!!!

12. James Blake - "Put That Away and Talk To Me"

When you can see them disappearing through their phone. Not typically a good sign. Literally, "put that away and talk to me." Who else could he possibly be talking to right now other than you? The only exception is his mother. You don't want a man who ignores his sweet mama.

13. Mitski - "Loving Feeling"

When you love someone but never know where you stand, so you continue to wait around for them and let them string you along only to always go home alone after the party. Don't feel stupid, you can't control how you feel, after all. He should have the guts to tell you to stop waiting! But he won't because he is a coward!

14. Tegan and Sara - "How Come You Dont Want Me"

He's leading you on, he never calls, and he never takes you out in public to show you off. Textbook cheater. "How come you always lead me on / Never take my call, hear me out? / Why don't you want to win me now? / Why don't you want to show me off?"

15. VERITE - "Phase Me Out"

Another song for when your intuition feels it coming.

16. YEBBA - "My Mind"

This song blew us right out of the water when we first watched it (and the 100 times after that). Not only is the song itself haunting, but YEBBA's dramatic performance makes it way more intense. Watching her almost cry will give you chills and make you almost cry, too. Baby girl don't cry!

17. Carrie Underwood - "Before He Cheats"

Well everyone loves this song, whether or not they have actually been cheated on. I jammed out to this song when I was like, six years old, and at that point I've never even made eye contact with a guy.

18. Hannah Gill and The Hours - "Austin"

"Austin, you were my first lover / Why'd you say you love me if I meant nothing to ya? / Austin, you were under cover / Why'd you say you love me and then found another?" Pretty perfect, huh? Plus, the retro vibe makes it extra fun and catchy. You can even watch a fabulous live performance of this song here!

19. Anne-Marie - "Alarm"

Anne-Marie really brings that "cool girl" edge to being cheated on, if that even exists... Her raspy voice and the lyric, "Always been a sucker for a wild boy" says it all. She brings more of a *IDGAF* attitude to the situation, without completely invalidating her feelings.

20. Beyonce - "Hold Up"

I wanted to include the entirety of Lemonade on this list, but it's not really available for sharing, so I'll just include "Hold Up." Both the song and the dialogue in the beginning will offer you some relief. To know that Beyonce knows what you're going through makes it a little bit better.

Hot Baeble Videos
    XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

Eels live at Royal Albert Hall

Eels live at Royal Albert Hall

In The South ft. Gucci Mane & Pimp C

In The South ft. Gucci Mane & Pimp C

Justin Townes Earle live at The Guest Apartment

Justin Townes Earle live at The Guest Apartment

The Way You Used To Do

The Way You Used To Do

Almost Home feat. Nadia Ali and IRO

Almost Home feat. Nadia Ali and IRO

Head Up Eyes Open Ft. Rick Ross

Head Up Eyes Open Ft. Rick Ross

Spice Girl

Spice Girl

Astronaut

Astronaut

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.