5 Songs To Get You Pumped Up For The 2018 Winter Olympics
    • MONDAY, JANUARY 22, 2018

• Posted by: Piera Lolandes

I don't like winter at all, but I believe the only good thing to come of it is the Winter Olympics. Mainly because I get to watch from the warmth and comfort of my home, and you can do the same! The 2018 Winter Olympics will take place in PyeongChang, South Korea and is said to be the largest-ever. It's set to begin February 8 and end February 25. Unlike previous Winter Olympics, this year NBC will broadcast the games live in all time zones which means viewers won't be susceptible to having a competition spoiled before they have a chance to see it unfold. It will feature 15 sports with individual and team events, making it 102 events in total. The sports include curling, bobsled, hockey, luge, and my personal favorites to watch, which are ski jumping, figure skating, and snowboarding.

Until then, here are some songs to listen to before the big event. Songs that are in a way inspiring enough to make you believe you can accomplish anything and others are more upbeat to get you pumped. Either way they make you feel a part of the event, even if you're just going to be watching at home.

1. "Corners Of The Earth" by ODESZA feat. RY X

Honestly, any ODESZA song will make the cut for this list, but this song in particular has become the official anthem for the 2018 Winter Olympics. Fittingly so, "Corners Of The Earth" serves as the perfect song, as the instrumentals convey the sense of beauty and wonder that this event holds.

2. "Legends" by Sleeping With Sirens

Back in July of 2017, Team USA officially announced the selection of "Legends" as their song on the road to the Winter Olympics. The track is off the album titled Gossip which was released last year. The lyrics fit perfectly: "We can be wild, we can be free, we can be anything in life we wanna be.. We can be legends after all."

3. "Life's About To Get Good" by Shania Twain

Who doesn't like a good Shania Twain tune?! Shania's play on words for this track is actually the singer's self pity turned into empowerment. Just like so many of the Olympic competitors that have shared their inspiring stories and challenges that they've overcome to make it to the Winter Olympics, Shania sings of how life is many things but if you stop for a moment and think about it, it has the possibility of getting better. Above you can find the official music video for the track, and below, you can watch the minute long video made specifically for the Winter Olympics.

4. "Believer" by Imagine Dragons

Nothing to make you a believer like an Imagine Dragons song. Unlike the previous songs, this track is not affiliated with the Winter Olympics. This song speaks of how pain can make you believe in yourself and overcome just about anything you are faced with if you let it fuel you in an empowering way. Don't let pain defeat you. Again, very fitting when it comes to watching a competition.

5. "We Are The Champions" by Queen

I had to, I just had to. Couldn't think of a song more fitting than this classic by Queen. This is usually played as a victory song but its lyrics alone inspire you "to fight ‘till the end." Freddie Mercury's voice can have just about anyone believing they're already winners. Here's hoping for many gold medal wins by Team USA!
    Hot Baeble Videos
    Nick de la Hoyde live at Baeble HQ

Nick de la Hoyde live at Baeble HQ

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

Live It Up

Live It Up

Sexy Song

Sexy Song

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

Dame Tu Cosita (Live) ft Pitbull Karol G and Cutty Ranks

Dame Tu Cosita (Live) ft Pitbull Karol G and Cutty Ranks

Let Her Go

Let Her Go

when the party's over

when the party's over

Give It

Give It

© 2018 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.