MONDAY, JANUARY 16, 2017 |
Posted by: Jack Labbe
"All Star" by Smash Mouth is one of the most versatile songs ever written. Wedding? "All Star." Funeral? "All Star." Bar Mitzvah? "All Star." Sweet Sixteen? "All Star." Baptism? "All Star!" You can never go wrong with playing a little Smash Mouth at the function. We decided to compile a list of the best renditions of the song, in case anyone ever hands you the aux-cord.
1. Wake Me Up When All Star Ends
This version is perfect for a loved one's funeral, or maybe even just a rainy introspective day.
2. "All Star" by Smash Mouth but it's on bass guitar
Nothing better than a little slap bass to get you hyped up for the weekend!
3. "All Star" but the words are ordered by scrabble score
Have you been unable to best your grandmother at a friendly game of Scrabble? Well, just groove out to this sweet jam and you'll be a champ in no time!
4. All Star (Inverted Cover)
Talk about a lyrical genius! Who would have known that the words are just as poignant backwards, as they are forwards! Palindrome!
5. "All Star" but every time he says "hey now" the bass boosts 6 db and the video distorts
Careful with this remix, you better have a sweet set of subs in your ride to really appreciate the nuance of this arrangement.
6. "All Star" but the vocals keep getting higher and the instrumental keeps getting lower
Love this one. Brings me back to the good old days when I only listened to Alvin and The Chipmunks (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Various Artists. Still a great record to this day!
7. Adele - Hello Vocal Cover
This is a track that you really have to sit with. It will make you ask questions like, "Is there life after death?" and "What is ex-NBC Nightly News host Brian Williams doing right now?"
8. Guy from Smash Mouth Saying SomeBODY 268,435,456 times
*But I need something to play at pop-up art gallery in a basement in Bed Stuy! Smash Mouth is too mainstream* Dont worry buddy, we've got you covered. If you're into harsh noise then this is may just be the track for you. Play this on loop for a couple of hours and no one will suspect a thing.
9. Photograph by Nickelback but every word is "someBODY"
"Photograph" was the first song that made cry when I was only a wee-lad. 10 years later, and after stumbling upon this mashup, I've realize that being a man is more than just sprouting hair on your chest. It's about being vulnerable enough to let someone hurt you, while strong enough not to hurt yourself.
10. "All Star" by Smash Mouth but every other word is reversed
One day my children will say, "Papa sing us a song from your youth?" And this will be the song that I sing for them.
11. "All Star" but it gets 15% faster every time he says "the"
Is it me, or can you hear the ghosts of your ancient relatives screaming "You're a COWARD" when the song really gets going? Haha wow, I wonder how they did that!
12. "All Star" but all notes are in C
So easy to sing along with, just keep that note going!
13. "All Star" but every word is someBODY
Once again, it's amazing how diverse the lyric "somebody" really is. Truly inspirational.
14. "All Star" But They Don't Stop Coming And It Gets Really Dank
It actually doesn't stop coming, and coming, and coming, and coming, and coming, and coming, and coming...
15. "Closer" by The Chainsmokers but it's Smash Mouth
What could be better then combining the best song of 2016, with the best song of all time.
16. "All Star" but every time he says "the" it's bee movie trailer but it gets 60% faster
Okay, I saved the best for last. This needs to be included on every playlist you make from here on out. It is truly a composition that can't be match.