Last fall we brought you behind the lens of The Good Music Club
, an Austin, Texas-based showcase of brilliant performers who embody the city's vibrant music culture. Over the course of the next several months we'll regularly showcase another batch of incredible artists from the live music capitol of the world. Today, we're turning a sparkling focus on Little Brave
; an inventive, solo multi-instrumentalist whose superb sonic flourishes are as bright and colorful as the shock of pink hair she proudly sports in this performance. What follows is a testament to the power of a wide vocal range, emotional heart-pounding lyrical intensity, and a playful, throw-everything-at-the-canvas-and-see-what-sticks creative approach.
Little Brave is the moniker of Stephanie Macias. She hails from Austin, TX.
"Little Brave's music exhibits some form of intensity that you don't hear all over the place... It's intense because it's so individual. It's so personal and it really seems to be coming from a place that people just don't let other people see all that often. It's emotional. It's naked... It's calling for blood...." - Daytrotter.com
* Spent 17 weeks on the Alternative Charts in Doha, Qatar including two weeks at #1.
* Artist of Ryan Spalding (of Ryan's Smashing Life) and Adam Duritz's (of The Counting Crows) SXSW Showcase The Outlaw Roadshow 2013
* Featured Artist on Band of the Day App.
* Featured Artist on Season 1 (2011 - 2012) of Troubadour, TX, a national television program dedicated to telling the story of songwriters and their path.
* Finalist of Formula Expo's Band of The Year 2012 Competition
* Sonicbids Artist of the Week August 1-7, 2011
* 2011 Best Regional Album & Show: "Dance, theater, lights, first-class sound (per Sams usual), and even confetti. It was a fitting tribute to one of the best break-up albums Ive ever heard." - Enrique Lopetegui, San Antonio's The Current
"Her confessional lyrics are backed by a mlange of piano, uke, and the occasional guitar shred, all bound by endearing touches of bitchiness." - Abby Johnston, AustinChronicle.com
"Briggs emotional intensity is unmatched. With amazing performance skills, a wide vocal range and unwavering honesty in her song lyrics, she goes to great lengths to develop and refine her art." - Laurie Gallardo, KUT.org
"With several releases under her own name, and one as Little Brave, Briggs contributions to the Austin music scene are substantial, but Say So is one of my favorite songs theyve ever recorded.... The track is pop gold." - Bryan Parker, PopPressInternational.com
"Where most artists would be content just to release an album as well done as her latest, Wound & Will, she went the extra mile several times over. It's not just an album, it's an entire musical. Not only that, but she produced it as a live show, replete with actors, dancers, fantastical costumes, a string section, theatrical lighting, and a full band. And she did that all at a bar where the rest of us mortal musicians normally set up an amp and go to work." - John Pointer, Origin Magazine Austin