6 Tours In History We Wish We Could Relive For One Night
  • MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2012

• Posted by:

Over the course of time, there have been more legendary concerts than can possibly be comprehended. We'll try to compile a list of ones we wish we could relive, anyway.

True Confessions Tour - 1986

Okay, it's no secret to anyone who knows me, so in the spirit of the name of this tour, I'll admit: I love Bob Dylan. I probably love him more than you love your cat, dog, or ferret, and yes, I know that's strange.
Now that that's out in the open, let's talk about this tour. Really, I would love to put at the very top of this list a Traveling Wilburys tour, but the sad reality is that it never existed. So, I guess this would have to be the next best thing.

Festival Express - 1970

The Festival Express was basically a train full of amazing bands that stopped at various places on its way through Canada to let them perform. This was the line-up: The Band, Buddy Guy Blues Band, Delaney, Bonnie and Friends, Eric Andersen, Flying Burrito Brothers, Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, Mashmakhan, Seatrain, Sha Na Na, Tom Rush.

Does it get any better than that, you ask? Normally, I would say no. However, the festival was actually turned into a documentary that I think was purposely designed to make me nostalgic for twenty years before I was even born.

Any Queen Tour, Ever

Okay, I guess I should clarify here and say any Queen tour before Freddie Mercury died. It's depressing, actually, to think about how all of these phenomenal rock stars/performers died and now we'll never get to see them live. Can someone get on building that time machine now, please? [Ed. Note: Or that hologram...]

Fall Out Boy & Mest - 2004

I never thought I'd say this, but I really miss the pop-punk bands of the early 00's. These two bands were the embodiment of everything I loved back in 2004, I'm not even kidding. I'm sure most of you have heard of Fall Out Boy, the band that's unfortunately on hiatus now. Despite the commercial success of the later albums, Take This To Your Grave will always and forever be high up on my list of best albums. Mest, like Fall Out Boy, were based out of Chicago. Somehow, though, they managed to always slip through the cracks of the mainstream music conveyer belt.

[Ed. Whoa, this is a curve ball. I decided to leave it because longing for Fall Out Boy circa 2004 having never seen them is OK, but those who caught any pieces of the 'From Under The Cork Tree' tour know firsthand that Patrick Stump sounded like garbage water back then, and the band wasn't quite as in shape as they should have been. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED, TIME TRAVELERS.]

Pink Floyd's The Wall Tour - 1980/81

So, I never was a really huge Pink Floyd fan. My sister was (and still is) though. No matter if you were/are a Pink Floyd fan or not, I think everyone should experience this tour. Like Woodstock, it's just one of those things that's forever etched into the heart of rock and roll. Music, overall, is about experience - just what this concert gave you. Pink Floyd raised the bar for every rock concert that was to follow.

[Ed. Note: We'd like to make the distinction that seeing 'The Wall' with the original Pink Floyd in their heyday is probably superior to the current Roger Waters spectacle. Although we enjoyed that as well.]

Rolling Thunder Revue - 1975/76

This tour is basically the best thing to ever happen. I don't know that I'll ever get over the fact that I was born too late, but that's another topic for a different time. The tour was headlined by none other than Bob Dylan, donning white face paint and make-up. Among the other artists in the revue were Joan Baez -- who took him with her on tour in his early days -- Roger McGuinn, Rambling Jack Elliott, Joni Mitchell, and Bobby Neuwirth. Along with the revue of musicians was Beat poet Allen Ginsberg, who had accompanied the tour with the intention of reciting poems, but in the end was cut out in order to prevent the concerts from going over a manageable length of time.

Dylan had the vision of turning the tour into a documentary which he called Renaldo and Clara. After receiving mostly horrendous reviews, though, he eventually pulled it from distribution.

What tours do you wish you could revisit?

Comments

Hot Baeble Videos
Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

LOLO live at Baeble HQ

LOLO live at Baeble HQ

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Alabama Shakes  live at Metro Theatre

Alabama Shakes live at Metro Theatre

Disclosure live at Hype Hotel

Disclosure live at Hype Hotel

Tor Miller live at The Baeble Bounce House

Tor Miller live at The Baeble Bounce House

Charli XCX live at Hype Hotel

Charli XCX live at Hype Hotel

X Ambassadors live at Empire Garage

X Ambassadors live at Empire Garage

Concrete (Live)

Concrete (Live)

© 2016 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.