10 Trippy Album Covers To Decorate Your Dorm Room With
    • WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2017

• Posted by: Dezi Savini

Every other kid in your dorm has that exact same Dark Side of the Moon poster. As much as we all love that iconic Pink Floyd album, it might be time to redecorate. Show the world that you can be psychedelic and original with these albums. At first, some of them are kind of hard to look at, but you'll soon find yourself strangely staring at them for hours.

1. Phosphene Dream by The Black Angels

the black angels album cover

To be completely honest, when I was a teenager I used my Christmas iTunes gift card on this album not because I really loved the tunes but because I couldn't stop looking at the cover art. Listen to closing track "The Sniper" when you want to zone out for awhile.

2. Turn Blue by The Black Keys

turn blue black keys cover

The pink and blue swirl of this piece of album art makes me want to stare at a record spinning around and around and around. The hypnotic cover perfectly mirrors the sounds on the album. Listen to "Year in Review" when you're busy studying for finals to carve out a little bit of bluesy zen in your sea of stress.

3. Melophobia by Cage the Elephant

cage the elephant cover

Created by frequent Cage the Elephant collaborator R. Clint Colburn, the cover of Melophobia is actually a many-sided painted clay sculpture set against a backdrop. You can watch Colburn bring this strange melting person to life while you spin out to Teeth when your roommate isn't home.

4. Strangers to Ourselves by Modest Mouse

modest mouse cover

At first glance, this Modest Mouse album art looks like an abstract spider web. It's actually a satellite photo of the Venture Out RV Resort in Mesa, Arizona. Listen to "The Best Room" because you now have exactly that.

5. Currents by Tame Impala

tame impala currents

The only thing trippier than the cover of Currents is the music on the album, and the only thing trippier than the music on the album is the music video for "The Less I Know The Better."

6. We Will Reign by The Last Internationale

we will reign cover

This art may be cool, but the fact that this band is known for its activism for Native American rights gives displaying this album on your wall a lot more meaning. Listen to "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Indian Blood" before your next history class.

7. MASSEDUCTION by St. Vincent

st vincent masseduction cover

The art on this cover blows my mind. There's something about putting those hot pink tights up against a crimson background that melts my brain. Also, butts are nice. And who's butt even is that? The world may never know.

8. Content by Joywave

joywave content cover

Look to this album cover the next time your hand-me-down laptop crashes while you're in the middle of writing the last page of your final paper. At least this album cover is pretty. Listen to "When You're Bored" and you won't be.

9. Unravelling by We Were Promised Jetpacks

unraveling we were promised jetpacks

Tape this one up next to The Last Internationale's cover and you'll have a more cohesive collection than your snobby roommate's visual art portfolio. Listen to "Peaks and Troughs" because Adam Thompson may be "stone cold sober" but you sure aren't.

10. Fever Forms by The Octopus Project

fever forms octopus project

At the end of a long day, nothing beats staring into the all-seeing-eye of this Illuminati-meets-arts-and-crafts-project. It may know all, but you know a lot of stuff too. You're in college, after all. Listen to "Whitby" for good vibes that remind you that "your health is so sexy." Take care of yourself, kid.
    Hot Baeble Videos
    Overcoats live at Industry City

Overcoats live at Industry City

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Emily Warren live at Baeble HQ

Emily Warren live at Baeble HQ

Computer Games  live at Baeble HQ

Computer Games live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Tom Walker live at Baeble HQ

Tom Walker live at Baeble HQ

Irontom live at Industry City

Irontom live at Industry City

Walker Lukens live at Baeble HQ

Walker Lukens live at Baeble HQ

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.