This week I'm already in Chicago, and probably drunk, so I've prepared a sample platter of Lollapalooza acts for you all to munch on. Most of the picks are in favorite album of the year territory for 2010, which makes the weekend all the more exciting... not to mention a bunch of Baeble bands making appearances. It's going to be a fun festival... follow @baeblemusic
for the latest misadventures.
See you on Monday! -joe puglisi
Scroll Through The Player To Listen To All The Songs On the Mixtape
1. "Afraid Of Everyone" - The National - High Violet
Anyone who thinks The National is boring hasn't listened to "Mr. November" while driving very, very fast.
2. "Tighten Up" - The Black Keys - Brothers
It's the number one "look really f*cking cool while doing something bad" song this year.
3. "We Don't Want Your Body" - Stars - The Five Ghosts
Catchy as hell and fun to bop to... this is going to make for a great open air jam (it made for a great closed-air jam
4. "White Blank Page" - Mumford And Sons - Sigh No More
These guys have demonstrated time and again (especially when we filmed them
) that their live set is solid gold.
5. "It's Working" - MGMT - Congratulations
It's a bit contoversial, but I really love what a quirky direction this band has gone in, and this song is kind of a musing on that transformation (I think).
6. "Suburban War" - Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
Biggest album of the year for me, best show I've seen so far (at MSG a few days ago), and they are closing out the fest for one half of the park on Sunday night. So excited, they get a second sentance just about my excitement.
7. "Love Me Girl" - Yeasayer - Odd Blood
This is the first record of 2010 I really fell in love with, and this is the song that started it... oh, and then we filmed them
, which only added to the obsession for me.
8. "I Saw The Light" - Spoon - Transference
It didn't take much to be a fan Spoon before 2010, but after the near perfect minimalist rock of this record, it's kind of impossible to not love them.
9. "Rome" - Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
I'm cheating, this isn't an album from 2010, but this band consistently puts on a dynamite live show, and they are the only band I've already seen rip up an outdoor stage (so I know it's true).
10. "Hard to Explain" - The Strokes - Is This It?
Do I even need to explain this one?