10 Amazing Hip-Hop Collabs You Should Have Already Listened to
  • WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 03, 2016

• Posted by: Susmita Paruchuri

When you think about the biggest modern rap names in the industry right now, Kanye West and Drake are undoubtedly up there. With the releases of Pablo and VIEWS, Drake's Summer Sixteen tour constantly in the news, and Kanye's controversial video for "Famous," plus all their various shenanigans (are Drake and Rihanna a thing? Kimye vs. Taylor? Someone tell us whats going on!), there's no escaping these two.

As someone who loves drama that doesn't involve me, I have no complaints with this. And now that rumors have surfaced about the two of them collaborating, cue my internal screaming. Earlier this year, Drake said in an interview with Zane Lowe that he and Kanye had been talking about releasing a mixtape together, and after Kanye showed his support for Drake at OVO Fest and tweeted about the Apple-Tidal "beef," hopefully that collab is on the horizon.

Plus, it's not the only news foreshadowing new Drake music -- 2 Chainz posted a screenshot of texts between himself and Drake on Instagram yesterday strongly implying a collaborative mixtape of their own. Apparently weve got a lot to look forward to! But in the meantime, here are 10 other recent hip hop collaborations that have our ears in heaven.

1. "Only" by Nicki Minaj, Drake, Lil Wayne, + Chris Brown

Nicki Minaj always kills it, and shes always the stand out no matter who else is on the track --but in this case, the other artists' verses are also really great. Drake's makes me melt, and I hate to admit it, but even the hook by Chris Brown is well done and catchy as hell.

2. "Blak Majik" by Common + Jhene Aiko

As always, everything Jhene Aiko puts her hands on turns out fantastic. "I wanted to team up with [Jhene] and do a song that was fresh," said Common on working with her. "I called it 'Blak Majik' because I say we make something out of nothing. It's also a feel-good, fun song, but it's hard, it's rough."

3. "Too Good" by Drake + Rihanna

These two have such amazing chemistry (see: the "Work" music video), I always have high expectations when they put something out. "What's My Name" by the duo was definitely a good contender, but it was just so overplayed it got annoying, and it's just too soon to bring it back... so I'm opting for a newer release. Also, please be dating.

4. "All Day" by Kanye West, Theophilus London, Allan Kingdom + Paul McCartney

This list inevitably is going to include a lot of Kanye, but I can't ignore this song. If those artists aren't enough of a sign that it's an amazing track, the credits released on iTunes consist of a whopping 19 big names: Kanye West, Paul McCartney, Tyler Bryant, Kendrick Lamar, French Montana, CyHi The Prynce, Vic Mensa, Mike Dean, Che Pope, Noah Goldstein, Allen Ritter, Mario Winans, 88 Keys, Malik Yusef Jones, Plain Pat, Ab-Liva, Ernest Brown and Noel Ellis.

5. "Young Jesus" by Logic + Big Lenbo

One of my favorite Logic songs, this one really just kills it with the 90s sound and the clever lyricism. Highlights include: "Still can't believe I didn't get a shorty pregnant / Man, that's the definition of a life sentence / A whole lot of beef, no bread, no lettuce / Cause I couldn't keep it in my briefs, man that's pathetic." I just love all the double entendres he shoves in there.

6. "These Walls" by Kendrick Lamar, Bilal, Anna Wise, + Thundercat

Playing off of the saying "if these walls could talk..." this song is lyrically really somber and intense -- but part of what Kendrick does best is really saying something with his music, especially on To Pimp a Butterfly.

7. "The Worst Guys" by Childish Gambino + Chance the Rapper

This song is just pure summer to me and it's close to my heart, and the video -- Chance and Donald sitting on a car at the beach -- embodies that perfectly. I guess we'll never know what she needed though.

8. "Feeling Myself" by Nicki Minaj + Beyonce

I swear when this video came out in summer 2015 it changed me as a woman. The "Flawless" remix with Nicki was amazing, but this song kills me right from the first second with that high, twisting synth. I know that's two songs from the same album, but The Pinkprint is so amazing I can't possibly choose between these two.

9. "No More Parties in L.A." by Kanye West + Kendrick Lamar

I still remember when Kanye first released this song along with "Real Friends" back when The Life of Pablo was still going to be called Swish, and I still can't get enough of it. It's hard to keep my attention when it comes to longer songs, but at six minutes I'm still obsessed with every second of this track. Lyrically it's so clever (but who is his cousin who stole his laptop?!) and sonically it's so smooth and almost entrancing. It's one of those songs thats so amazing I know all the words because I've listened to it so many times, and it results in me driving my mom's Toyota through my little New Jersey town rapping some very... unladylike things.

10. "No Church in the Wild" by Jay Z + Kanye West

Also with vocals from Frank Ocean, this song was the first track on Jay Z and Kanye's collaborative album, Watch the Throne. With that cinematic opening, it was perfect to be featured in the 2013 adaptation of The Great Gatsby. The Grammy-winning song is about religion and organized worship, but also somehow oozes debauchery with that grim beat.
Hot Baeble Videos
Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

Live It Up

Live It Up

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.