16 Satisfying Mashups That Will Blow Your Mind
    • TUESDAY, AUGUST 22, 2017

• Posted by: Ally Farrell

Have you ever had one of those moments where you're listening to song and you get this unshakeable feeling that you've heard it before? Yeah, me too. Sometimes songs in the same key or with the same chord progressions can sound eerily similar. Luckily, mashups bring all of those songs jumbled in our head's to life.

1. "Bad and Boujee" (Migos) x "September" (Earth, Wind & Fire):

Say what you want about mumble rap and Migos, but it's really hard to sit still when "Bad and Boujee" comes on. And no one can honestly say they dislike Earth, Wind & Fire. Add one part "Bad and Boujee" and one part "September," and you have the most danceable song ever.

2. "New Romantics" (Taylor Swift) x "I Really Like You" (Carly Rae Jepsen):

Taylor Swift is like a perfect pop song factory. She turns out hit after hit after hit. So is Carly Rae Jepsen. A kind soul paired these two songwriting divas to make a Mega Romantic Pop Song.

3. "Love Me Like You Do" (Ellie Goulding) x "A Thousand Miles" (Vanessa Carlton):

The piano part in "A Thousand Miles" is iconic. I'd argue that it could beat "Piano Man" for the best usage of the those 88 keys. Add Ellie Goulding's haunting yet romantic "Love Me Like You Do" and you've got the perfect "Pretend I'm in a Sad Music Video While I'm in the Car" song.

4. "Lies" (Marina and the Diamonds) x "Talking Body" (Tove Lo):

Marina and the Diamonds is another criminally underrated pop songstress. She's got such a strong voice, she's an amazing lyricist, and her beats are lowkey amazing. Tove Lo has an incredible knack for getting her EDM meets singer-songwriter songs on Top 40 radio. Just imagine what these two could create together.

5. "Let It Be" (The Beatles) x "It Wasn't Me" (Shaggy):

I don't know who it was that realized the Beatles' piano ballad and Shaggy's ode to denial worked so well together, but I am so grateful they did. Thank you.

6. "Partition" (Beyoncé) x "Bitch Better Have My Money" (Rihanna):

Rihanna is a Queen. Beyoncé is a Goddess. Mix that Bajan with that Creole, make a masterpiece.

7. "All Star" (Smash Mouth) x "My Name Is" (Eminem):

"All Star" is a permanent meme. "My Name Is" has also had its fair share of meme-ing. Together they should be a recipe for disaster, right? Wrong, they're a one way ticket to Flavortown. But then once you get to Flavortown, you realize it's not all that great.

8. "Emotions" (Mariah Carey) x "That's What I Like" (Bruno Mars):

Truthfully, Mariah Carey is no longer in her prime. Recently, she's been more of a diva than usual, and she's just kind of gotten lazy. But she was killer back in the day. Music genius Bruno Mars, however, is still very much at the top of his game. The beat of his current hit, "That's What I Like" mixed with "Emotion" makes us reminisce for the days of Mariah's past.

9. "Fuck You" (CeeLo Green) x "Overnight Celebrity" (Twista):

The instantly recognizable "Fuck You" by CeeLo Green is the perfect musical accompaniment for Twista's "Overnight Celebrity." Both songs are great on their own, but together they are fantastic. Also shoutout to Kanye for those uncredited vocals.

10. "Juicy" (Notorious B.I.G.) x "Tiny Dancer" (Elton John):

Notorious B.I.G. is exactly what his name implies: notorious. As is his 1994 debut single, "Juicy." Sir Elton John and his song "Tiny Dancer" are also preeeetty famous. Both are on completely different ends of the musical spectrum yet they (almost) are better than Biggie and Tupac. But before they were rivals, of course.

11. "Anna Sun" (Walk the Moon) x "Teenage Dream" (Katy Perry):

Walk the Moon's "Anna Sun" is one of those songs that everyone knows but they don't know they know. "Teenage Dream" is from the golden era of Katy Perry. Back before what ever demon is living inside of her took over her body. Maybe playing this re-vamped version of "Teenage Dream" for Katy will exorcise her goblin inhabitant.

12. "Malibu" (Miley Cyrus) x "We Didn't Start the Fire" (Billy Joel):

I hadn't noticed before how much Miley's Return-From-The-Dark-Side song "Malibu" sounded like Billy Joel's History-Lesson-Turned-Classic, but now I can't unhear it.

13. "Another One Bites the Dust" (Queen) x "Get Busy" (Sean Paul):

Who would have thought that Sean Paul's dancehall anthem would fit seamlessly with Queen's old school jam? Iconic.

14. "My Neck, My Back" (Khia) x "Mii Channel Music" (Nintendo):

Yes, I did list Nintendo has an artist. Have you heard more pleasant and melodic video game music? Plus, just listen to how delightful Khia's raunchy song sounds when it's paired with the Mii Parade theme song.

Free With Purchase Gifts (or honorable mentions, if you will):

15. "Pity Party" (Melanie Martinez) x "Best Day Ever" (SpongeBob):

Who ever took the time to make this mashup of Melanie's "Pity Party" and a song sung by an animated sponge has way too much time on their hands, but they probably don't need me to tell them that.

16. Thomas the Tank Engine x Every Rapper Ever

The theme song for Thomas and Friends works perfectly with every rapper. It's kinda scary.

Hot Baeble Videos
    The Aces live at Baeble HQ

The Aces live at Baeble HQ

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Tom Walker live at Baeble HQ

Tom Walker live at Baeble HQ

Overcoats live at Industry City

Overcoats live at Industry City

Emily Warren live at Baeble HQ

Emily Warren live at Baeble HQ

Irontom live at Industry City

Irontom live at Industry City

Computer Games  live at Baeble HQ

Computer Games live at Baeble HQ

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.