Summer is coming to a close, but you can cling to those final lazy moments with some fresh squeezed mixtape. We've got a collection of cuts you may have missed, plus a few new singles looking anticipating the impending chill of fall and its smorgasbord of new releases. Don't be selfish, share it with your friends! There's plenty of mixtape to go around. Dig in.
Scroll Through The Player To Listen To All The Songs On the Mixtape
1. "Give Me The Ball" - Heypenny - A Jillion Kicks
Totally by coincidence, a friend mentioned they were at a Heypenny show last week, shortly after Kyle Andrews put the band on his mixtape
and we got a little obsessed with their record A Jillion Kicks
. Their drummer is supposedly insane, always a good sign for great performances. Keep your eye on these guys.
2. "Punching In A Dream" - The Naked and Famous - Passive Me, Aggressive You
Watching these guys at our session the other week
was more than enough to realize how awesome these songs can be.
3. "Why I Love You (Ft. Mr. Hudson)" - Jay Z and Kanye West - Watch The Throne
The album was mostly blowing smoke, but this track is worth adding to the hype-me-up playlist.
4. "Surgeon" - St. Vincent - Strange Mercy
Very excited about a new St. Vincent LP, and this only fluffs that feeling. Excellent end-of-summer track.
5. "Baby Missles" - The War On Drugs - Slave Ambient
We recently heard this entire record and whoa nelly, you should be excited for it. Not sure who the war is really against but god damn, they are winning.
6. "Sunlight" - The One AM Radio - Heaven Is Attached By A Slender Thread
We recently spoke to the band
about their evolution and their most recent LP, nice guys, but nicities aside, they rock. Pay special attention to the lyricism, it's top notch.
7. "How Come You Never Go There" - Feist - Metals
Feist is back with a chewy tune, worthy of dismissing her recent relegation to "Judd Apatow punchline." Can't wait for Metals
8. "All Of The Lights (Ellie Goulding x Portland Cello Project x Kanye West)" - The Hood Internet - Singles
Nobody can deny The Hood Internet have a knack for combining songs in the brawniest of ways. Ellie Goulding's "Lights" matches up perfectly with the tenacity of Kanye's stadium banger.
9. "Vomit" - Girls - Father, Son, Holy Ghost
Time to get excited about Girls, and we don't mean like summertime flings. Give this slow burner a minute to flare up. The record is out next month.
10. "O Holy Break Of Day" - Waters - Out In The Light
The new project from ex Port O'Brien frontman Van Pierszalowski demonstrates to us that Van held the keys to most of the stuff we loved about Port O'Brien, and is carrying those tools from the port back to the sea. This record is out 9/20 on TBD Records, we recommend getting on the ship, pronto.