9 Songs to Dance in the Mirror To
    • FRIDAY, AUGUST 11, 2017

• Posted by: Olivia Lewis

When I was little one of my favorite activities was bouncing in my baby bouncer and looking at myself in the mirror. Shallow, right? Listen, I was a baby. I will admit though, dancing in the mirror is still one of my favorite activities - so, I guess, still shallow. Self-absorption aside, dancing in the mirror all by yourself really is a fun activity, it's a pretty good stress reliever, and it's definitely a more entertaining way of getting exercise than going to the gym or running on the treadmill. So go ahead, listen to these songs and dance like nobody's watching!

1. Bruno Mars - "24K Magic"

When this song first came out, dancing in the mirror was literally my first reaction. Even after all these months, the catchiness of the song holds up. Bruno Mars in general has a penchant for writing danceable songs, and "24K Magic" is one of the best examples. And best of all, unlike when you're in public and the song is playing on a random radio, if you're standing in front of your mirror you don't have to resist the urge to dance!

2. Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya, P!nk - "Lady Marmalade"

Ah "Lady Marmalade," a classic. The song has been covered a bunch of times, and was first popularized by the American girl group Labelle. In this version, you can really hear the different personalities of Mya, Lil' Kim, P!nk, and Christina Aguilera, which provides you with several sassy personas you can get into while you're dancing (and singing) along - it's basically four times the fun of a regular song.

3. The Jackson 5 - "Dancing Machine"

With the word "dancing" literally in the title, this song seemed like a natural fit for this list. The funky vibe and especially that horn section are perfect for busting out your best 70s-themed moves. Who can resist the urge to become a "dancing machine" themselves when they hear that chorus?

4. The Bangles - "Walk Like an Egyptian"

This incredibly catchy 80s pop hit has the perfect amount of fun energy for any mirror-dancing session. And if you're at a loss for moves, the song will literally tell you just what to do - just "walk like an Egyptian!"

5. Avril Lavigne - "Girlfriend"

If you're feeling a little more early 2000s, angst-pop, Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" is a good choice for you. The beat is super danceable, and there's even a fun clap-along section in the middle of it. Even in the music video, which is mostly story-based, there's a good amount of dancing, proving that the "Girlfriend" is meant to be danced to.

6. Fifth Harmony - "Worth It"

From the very beginning of the song, "Worth It" is infectiously catchy because of the sax riff. This song and "BO$$" are probably the best, most iconic songs Fifth Harmony has put out, and both are pretty ideal for a confidence-charged dance in the mirror. It's been a couple years already, but I still can't get over that sax part - whoever's idea it was to put that in the song, props to you.

7. Machel Montano - "Better Than Them"

For the rest of the list, I'm bringing more of a tropical vibe to your mirror-dancing fun. Machel Montano is a popular Trinidadian soca singer, and catchy songs like "Better Than Them" show how he's found so much success as an artist. Not only is the soca beat irresistibly danceable, but Montano and Timaya are singing all about loving and respecting their "independent girls," so you can dance knowing you're listening to some positive vibes.

8. Drake - "Controlla"

Drake isn't from the islands, but he obviously really likes the sounds of them. "Controlla" is heavily influenced by reggae and dancehall, and features Jamaican deejay Popcaan. When I first heard this song at a party, I'm pretty sure I literally stopped mid-sentence to go dance to this song - if that's not a sign that this song needs to be on a "dancing in the mirror" playlist, I don't know what is.

9. Rihanna - "Pon de Replay"

From the very beginning of her career, Rihanna has been serving up iconic hits. "Pon de Replay" is undoubtedly one of those, and both the fun beat and the nostalgia of it make it a great pick for your mirror-dancing session. As the queen herself says, "let me see you move and rock it ‘til the groove done, shake it ‘til the moon becomes the sun."
    Hot Baeble Videos
    Tigertown live at Industry City

Tigertown live at Industry City

The Suffers live at Industry City

The Suffers live at Industry City

Melanie Martinez live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Melanie Martinez live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Skylar Stecker live at Baeble HQ

Skylar Stecker live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Live It Up

Live It Up

CHVRCHES live at Summer Stage

CHVRCHES live at Summer Stage

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.